Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

To each their own.  GFS looks like dog shit where I live, for the foreseeable future.

if it keeps on raining leeves gonna break.

Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
Now, cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
When the levee breaks, Grandpa, you got to move.

gfs-ens_T2m_nhem_65.png

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Nobody every knows the answer to that question.

I got a dusting this morning though...so I think they were right for my area.  I didn't expect even that to be honest.  But it was white this morning. 

48 hours ago some models were a bit more bullish but that was definitely gone prior to the event. 

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol Bastardi just Melted on Weatherbell.  Says if the pattern doesn't start to change in about two weeks....he says his forecast is a Huge bust and Wrong.  Guy went off on how everything is lining up...but modeling just continues to get worse.   

Oh the Irony!!  

Him and a lot of others. 

36 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

2015 is the most recent example but there's a pretty long history of weak/moderate El Niño's with big time second halves. Obviously '15 is the extreme scenario but using Boston as a reference, 2003 also had over 50" after 1/20, so did 1969, 1978, and 2005. That's a big number for BOS and they all happened in weak or mod El Niño's. Even most of the weak/mod Ninos that failed to have monster second halves had drastic pattern changes for the better but they just weren't able to produce big snow with them. 

1969 is a very good ENSO analog. That season was a one month wonder.

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol Bastardi just Melted on Weatherbell.  Says if the pattern doesn't start to change in about two weeks....he says his forecast is a Huge bust and Wrong.  Guy went off on how everything is lining up...but modeling just continues to get worse.   

Oh the Irony!!  

I think worst case is it waits until Feb to get going, but I can't fathom a wall to wall rat.

12 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Oh the Irony!!  

I just went and filled two more gas cans when i heard this earlier.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Oh the Irony!!  

Why is that a melt down? 

Taking culpability isn't a melt down ... it's responsibility -

Well, as much as this has blown since November, it doesn't compare to the soul-rending horror that was January '13. That continuous, unyielding, relentless suckage on the back of the worst winter in Boston's history had even the coolest customers swinging from the Tobin. I am not ready to wave the white flag on this winter yet. That said, if we hit Feb 1 and I still haven't cleared 10" on the season, I'm all in favor of a March '12 style torch in which to ride off into the dewy, nape-tanning sunset. Hell, I've already got bees coming out of hibernation and daffodils starting to poke through the leaves in my garden. Might as well add a few girls in sundresses to the mix.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Well, as much as this has blown since November, it doesn't compare to the soul-rending horror that was January '13. That continuous, unyielding, relentless suckage on the back of the worst winter in Boston's history had even the coolest customers swinging from the Tobin. I am not ready to wave the white flag on this winter yet. That said, if we hit Feb 1 and I still haven't cleared 10" on the season, I'm all in favor of a March '12 style torch in which to ride off into the dewy, nape-tanning sunset. Hell, I've already got bees coming out of hibernation and daffodils starting to poke through the leaves in my garden. Might as well add a few girls in sundresses to the mix.

Which is utopia compared to 1995

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic