Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

There is a large +PNA spike in the ensembles just before and after New Year's Day, that could signify that the models are mishandling the presence of cold air and a snowstorm threat, right now there is nothing on the models.

Indices are just one more piece of guidance to look at.  You still need to look at the 500mb to get a better idea.  We may very well whiff or we could still get a cutter just as much as we get a snowstorm.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

That was the easiest call ever. Every piece of guidance just said futility. We had one period of cold and a big snow on the south coast, but that was it. I do remember the tropics forcing become more favorable, but all the cold went to Europe where they had extreme and record breaking cold and snow. Even Northern Africa got snow. Lol.

This is just 100% completely different. It’s not even a debate. 

Even there it was only about a 20 day period if I remember right maybe around 1/25 to 2-10 or so.  The rest of the winter was a torch there as well.  

8 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

They had more than a trace in 15? I remember 15 was a complete shut out here and around +8 to +10 

There was a SWFE on 12/29/15 that trended north at the last second but it did still give BOS 0.9" to avoid getting shut out. 

4 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

And march was shorts and tank tops

If I remember right 01-02 was similar in that many kept saying watch us pay for this big time in March April May and we torched most of the time.  I think late April 2002 we got close to 100 a few days.  It used to be those torch winters seemed to always have miserable springs when you were outside of your snow window but 01-02 and 11-12 were very mild in the spring 

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

If I remember right 01-02 was similar in that many kept saying watch us pay for this big time in March April May and we torched most of the time.  I think late April 2002 we got close to 100 a few days.  It used to be those torch winters seemed to always have miserable springs when you were outside of your snow window but 01-02 and 11-12 were very mild in the spring 

IIRC, there were a couple snow events in late March 2002 and then freak snow in May 2002. Got 1” in Woburn on like the 22nd or some late date.