Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

But there’s 2 plowables there. It’s pretty likely all 4 SNE major go T for snow in Dec.   No one... not one person here in their wildest dreams ever thought that possible. And if we go another 3-4 weeks. . You’ve lost over half a winter. I doubt that happens highly .. there’s a better chance of Winterwolf , Sugarloaf , Dryslot , Jspin, Qg Omega and GreatSnow sending me a holiday card group picture from a night out of duckpin bowling and enjoying  Moon over my hammy’s at Denny’s than that happening.

Fffffffftttttttt. I don’t even brush my car off for 2” let alone shovel or snowblow. 

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

I’m not sure where I’m trolling about warmth @Snow88. I’m getting tired of shoveling all of this potential you have been posting about, as we stare in the barrel of another cutter. 

@CoastalWx I could not agree with you more regarding the next few weeks. The Kelvin wave slowed the mjo progression in p5. Unfortunately, convection is very hard to forecast. I would be careful about posting the RMM plots, the vp200 maps are more accurate imo. Either way you slice it, we should be in p6 by the end of the week. The pna should improve after the 4th, and the majority of the guidance agrees with this. @40/70 Benchmarkoutstanding seasonal outlook! We should have a killer 2nd half of winter.

@ORH_wxman I know we have not been on the same page the last few years. I can’t say I didn’t give you reason to feel the way you feel. My apologies for the immaturity I showed. 

I don’t come to this forum anymore, but my best to sne for 2019. We should be tracking soon. A few more week and this downtime will be a distant nightmare. 

This month didn't turn out how some people thought it was going to be.

People get it wrong

You can shovel all my potential if you want.

I edited my post because it was wrong of me for saying that. We are all just frustrated right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kdxken said:

Or  a Blockbuster . 

No, I made it pretty clear that there would not be a blockbuster before that date.

You love to make passive aggressive inferences that I am not specific enough with my calls, but I disagree.....calling blockbusters within two weeks at several months lead is pretty fair.

Happy holidays.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No, I made it pretty clear that there would not be a blockbuster before that date.

You love to make passive aggressive inferences that I am not specific enough with my calls, but I disagree.....calling blockbusters within two weeks at several months lead is pretty fair.

Happy holidays.

I never understood the passive aggressive term. That would have to be in the eye of the beholder me thinks.

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hey bro think John Doug and Steve have a good grasp. Hope all is well in the fire service. 

All is well Ginx, thank you. I think we are definitely on track for a nice 2nd half of winter. Typical niño climo warm 1st half, cold second half. The wildcard will be a possible SSW. I agree, the Nyc metro wx team definitely has some great talent. 

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

So many people were commenting Christmas eve how perfect the .5 to 1 inch was. I was the outlier saying a foot would have been much better 

Many of us have had bare ground for a long time.  I have no illusions though and will consider myself lucky if there is snow otg more than 2 days prior to 1/5.