Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

41 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

CPC teleconnections are favorable for a major winter storm sometime around New year's, latest guidance supports two storms in a 5 day period.

The first 5 days of 2019 appear rather hostile to a large event as depicted on the EPS....very pronounced se ridge.

Perhaps some progressive, SWFE...but good luck phasing with that compressed medium.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The first 5 days of 2019 appear rather hostile to a large event as depicted on the EPS....very pronounced se ridge.

Perhaps some progressive, SWFE...

CPC teleconnections don't support that though, +PNA/-NAO/neutral AO, then we get a moderate event, but the models are split between the American models and the rest of the suite, whom to believe, we will determine this in about two days time.

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

CPC teleconnections don't support that though, +PNA/-NAO/neutral AO, then we get a moderate event, but the models are split between the American models and the rest of the suite, whom to believe, we will determine this in about two days time.

80% of the time we know who to believe.

Ray is right. A larger event may have to wait. 

Come on, all the big storm potentials in the past, you have acted the same way, pessimistic.  So we have a chance, the EPS always changes, it is never consistent.  At least hasn't been the last three days.

How did the several inches work out? No offense James, but you need to reel it in sometimes. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but it clouds your judgement. If I thought like you, I’d be scraping gum off the subway platforms. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

How did the several inches work out? No offense James, but you need to reel it in sometimes. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but it clouds your judgement. If I thought like you, I’d be scraping gum off the subway platforms. 

I can afford to be optimistic, no one relies on my thoughts, if I was a professional meteorologist like I wanted to be since I was young, my thoughts would be different.  I love the blizzards we get, but they are few and far between.