Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, JBinStoughton said:

Actually you said we’re not even technically in an el nino “yet”. Ok I’m breathing now lol. 

Yes, I did....not having reached official el nino designation per ONI is not prohibitive to employing el nino climo as a predictor. Remember, the ONI is tri monthly and lagged.

The bottom line is that el nino forcing becomes better established a bit later in the season.

17 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Those of us north of PVD were fringed and north of MHT smoking 

Flake-free here for that one and the next 2 KUs, then got slush-busted on the late Feb mess.  The December storm was kind of vicarious fun reading posts (and seeing pics) from excited posters VA to PHL who had not seen much of anything good for several years.  That tune got old by later in the season.  ;) 

58 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Tis the currier & ives season so bring on the mood flakes.

Hasn't stopped snowing all day up here though its very light with no real accumulation.  Just massive fluffy dendrites floating around in a snow globe style.  Looks like a Hollywood film outside where they have some actors walking down a sidewalk while huge flakes swirl in all directions. 

Incredibly festive Christmas shopping weather in the village after last night's light snowfall too.

Might pick up again as a little increase in moisture seems to be pushing into the mountains.

#persistentflurry mood flakes.

XSyAww7.gif

From GYX:

Storm total rainfall amounts from this system are in
the 1 to 2 inch range throughout the CWA...which could be
troublesome in some locations, especially with area rivers already
containing large amounts of ice. With the possibility of early
season ice jam flooding, a flood watch may be necessary as this
event draws closer.

Yippee!!
There's already a flood watch posted for Thurs night-Friday in SNJ, where we'll be visiting family.  Not a Grinch, because there's no snow to melt there.

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I had 6” in that one . I remember that one. No complaints 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I had close to 8" but was still pissed. Places like Milford MA got like 15" and they are only 15-20 miles by way the crow flies. 

Mansfield had 15.5  7 miles from Kev by crow flight, I remember that thread, he was BS over it, even Joey in Tolland had 10

Been snowing for 24+ hours straight now at the MPV ASOS.

There are 9 hours worth of snow obs prior to this that couldn't fit on the screen lol.

Not bad to have reduced vis in snow for over 24 straight hours worth of observations.

Textbook "Snow Globe" status... pure winter with temps in the teens and flakes flying non-stop.

SxFD6rG.jpg

Just now, powderfreak said:

Been snowing for 24+ hours straight now at the MPV ASOS.

There are 9 hours worth of snow obs prior to this that couldn't fit on the screen lol.

Not bad to have reduced vis in snow for over 24 straight hours worth of observations.

Textbook "Snow Globe" status... pure winter with temps in the teens and flakes flying non-stop.

SxFD6rG.jpg

Have to love ASOS coding, lt snow mist at 15 degrees, lt snow fog, visibilities half mile

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

wiped out next day, still loaded Christmas morning

Yeah grinch was next day...12/25 was still cold and the fresh snow still there. We actually didn't lose all our snow over interior in the 12/26-27 cutter but it became patchy in some spots...we regained cover though a couple days later and then again 12/31 had another few inches...then we had the retrostorm 1/1-1/3 and then winter basically ended after MLK storm.