Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

My point is I don’t think we need to role the dice as much as the M.A -NYC crowd with a SSW and hoping for the best from that 

so it’s a bit more bullish for areas south 

Blocking is always great...I would rather take my chances with having too much than playing pin the tail on the pig like we have been.

Its difficult to whiff consistently with with an active n stream like we see in weak modoki.

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

My point is I don’t think we need to role the dice as much as the M.A -NYC crowd with a SSW and hoping for the best from that 

Yeah I see what you are saying. You don't want to risk January 2004 or 09-10. I'm not particularly worried about those even in the case of a strong SSW and strong -AO...esp with the northern stream staying a little more dominant ...but I can see where the fear comes from. 

I think the frustration is having a decent December pattern for 2/3 or so of month and risking one of the lower snow December’s ever. I know for me it is. We had the cold, but just haven’t strung anything together. Really since mid November or so. We’ll see see what the rest of the month does,  but it’s a kick in the nads for sure. Oh well.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Blocking is always great...I would rather take my chances with having too much than playing pin the tail on the pig like we have been.

Yeah this is my view. I do understand the PTSD that happens when you watch philly get 20" of snow while you we're smoking cirrus and the south coast is having radar hallucinations. But those tend to be the exception and not the rule. There's far more Jan 96, Feb 83, Jan '87, or Feb '03 than those ones or even favoring NE itself like Feb '69, Jan/Feb '78, Jan '05, Jan/Feb '15, etc. 

Ill usually take the blocking and worry about details later. Our longitude sticking out east gives us margin for error on that stuff. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

How do you see a snowy week? Tell me what you looked at.

Probably getting overconfident on 12/24 and 12/26 even though they could easily go poof again or in the case of 12/24 never really look like more than a coating to an inch. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think the frustration is having a decent December pattern for 2/3 or so of month and risking one of the lower snow December’s ever. I know for me it is. We had the cold, but just haven’t strung anything together. Really since mid November or so. We’ll see see what the rest of the month does,  but it’s a kick in the nads for sure. Oh well.

It sucks, but everyone should have been prepared for dissapointment in an el nino December...some tried to toss el nino climo and go big, but it usually won't work.

If things had broken more favorably, it would have been a good month, but not Dec 2007.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Euro with a Chance Xmas Eve again with the SW and the one on the 26/27. That’s 2 shots 

Christmas Eve has been on and off so I’d hold off on sounding confident. There may be a small one after,  then we enter the gradient where these could shred, cut, or snow. The week after Christmas does have cutter potential along as snow. I would hold off for the lurkeyboys if the world as the pattern could shake out either way. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It sucks, but everyone should have been prepared for dissapointment in an el nino December...some tried to toss el nino climo and go big, but it usually won't work.

If things had broken more favorably, it would have been a good month, but not Dec 2007.

It wasn’t your typical pig AK trough though. Was more bad luck. If we can score a couple of events near or after Christmas I’d defintely rate the month better. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Christmas Eve has been on and off so I’d hold off on sounding confident. There may be a small one after,  then we enter the gradient where these could shred, cut, or snow. The week after Christmas does have cutter potential along as snow. I would like to lurk a few boys  in the world and maybe shake out their weenies 

Why are you lurking with boys?

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It wasn’t your typical pig AK trough though. Was more bad luck. If we can score a couple of events near or after Christmas I’d defintely rate the month better. 

We def got a bit unlucky dec 5-10. Whiffed on two shots there. Kind of a bummer but oh well. Maybe we pull a nice one in the next 10-12 days before month-end. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We def got a bit unlucky dec 5-10. Whiffed on two shots there. Kind of a bummer but oh well. Maybe we pull a nice one in the next 10-12 days before month-end. 

Agreed. I think its safe to assume that one should have worked out, which is what I had expected in my outlook.

Bad luck.

20 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The same el nino forcing that hasn’t shown up yet? Which way is it? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hey.. We’ll grab 1-2” Xmas Eve in SNE to be festive and then look forward to a possible moderate event  2 days later 

I mean never mind who you're quoting, but that verbatim clown map of the Euro is actually only showing T-0.5" and 0.5-1" through CT which is definitely not 1-2"