Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I believe it is just mean snowfall for the 51 members (snow includes sleet at 10:1, so probably a little high bias). 

But seeing the EPS spit out 40+ inches in 45 days definitely signals the potential for above average snowfall pattern setting up.

How long did the EPS go for that 40+ inches to show up?

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Shortwave on euro isn't terrible for Xmas eve. If the goal is to merely get enough (say 1-2") for a white Christmas then it's still worth watching. 

The shortwave behind it is a little more intriguing. Something perhaps brewing for the 26-27th. 

Noreastern Mass can breathe

download.png

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah seems like the warming is legit, possibly leading to a displacement, Diane. But, we don’t know how it manifests itself. You don’t want to dump the cold in Europe like 2012 either. It’s defintely a good sign for an overall -AO though. 

I wouldn't even be that disappointed if the PV got chucked into Europe as long as we were getting the big PNA ridging near Yukon Territory and a solid -AO. We'd probably still be really snowy but just less brutal cold. 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I wouldn't even be that disappointed if the PV got chucked into Europe as long as we were getting the big PNA ridging near Yukon Territory and a solid -AO. We'd probably still be really snowy but just less brutal cold. 

I was thinking the same thing.

I don't really care....in March, maybe...not January.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not free anymore

? are you confusing weather.us

Welcome to the weathermodels.com map testing site. This website contains development (Beta) or Preview products for the main weathermodels.com site and its subscription plans (Personal Forecaster North America, Personal Forecaster International, Commercial North America, and Commercial International). Any of these items may not arrive in a timely manner or may even be missing. The maps we show here are free BONUS and are not part of any subscription plan and may be adjusted, moved or withdrawn at any time as they are assigned to the appropriate account type.

ACCOUNT TYPES: 

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Right, yeah. Just keep the storm track favorable. No need for Jan 04 cold.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah seems like the warming is legit, possibly leading to a displacement, Diane. But, we don’t know how it manifests itself. You don’t want to dump the cold in Europe like 2012 either. It’s defintely a good sign for an overall -AO though. 

We need the stars to allign, wouldn’t take my pants off for a SSW, but hey we gotta put hope in something .

i would say definitely more potential to be positive for the M.A -NYC crowd given what they need to go big

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I stand corrected then. Must of been the 0z run the night of....after you already had a foot and I already broken multiple screens in my bedroom. 

I remember drawing the ire of the NYC posters....I kept telling them that the n stream would be more progressive than that, and it would not verify....we would get the goods.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Right, yeah. Just keep the storm track favorable. No need for Jan 04 cold.

Obviously an extreme EPO-oriented -AO can directly cause the PV to go down into Canada. So it's not like they are unrelated. But I'm ok without an extreme -EPO/+PNA. Just give a solid PNA ridge that is somewhat -EPO and that's fine...esp if we can bias a -NAO. 

Regardless, it definitely looks more interesting going forward...this isn't atypical for El Niño if we went good PNA/NAO look in Jan/Feb.

The atypical part was getting the great look in the first 10-12 days of December and whiffing on that and then going into a bit of a La Niña gradient pattern late this month and very early January. Seems like we may start to go back to the more typical positive PNA after that though. 

• Like 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

We need the stars to allign, wouldn’t take my pants off for a SSW, but hey we gotta put hope in something 

I don't really think it is necessary for stars to align in SNE for good snow during a weak El Niño. Well, unless your low-bound bar for "good snow" is typical Pinkham Notch climo or Stowe VT...which it might be for you.