Newest Member
    queenofscience
stormtracker

December 9/10 Storm

13 minutes ago, yoda said:

Actually, a bit of a south jog with the QPF field

Oh noes. It’s over. 

1 hour ago, snjókoma said:

The 3K NAM has a whopping 0.0" of precipitation for anywhere north of Woodbridge.

I hear you, but not all of us live in the northern part of the forum, so the modeled weather obviously isn't the same .  11/15/18 was snow for you and sleet for me, for example.  I was asking about the relative verification scores of the 3k NAM  within 24 hours.

edit:  I thought someone posted a map of snow falling into MD from the 3k.  It must have been the virga that was being discussed.  My apologies.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

I hope we do ok here in RIC, but it will feel bittersweet if folks up north don’t cash in as well. Really appreciate the work y’all do and hoping this one shares the love with y’all.

Nah, don't feel bad or sweat it. The reality is we all don't give a lick about any yard except our own. I'm not mad that you are cashing in at all. I'm rooting for asteroids and fireballs in your yard and blizzards in mine but I'm not mad or anything. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, LeesburgWx said:

Why have poke chips not been moved all in yet? 

I'm pretty sure Ji cashed in his chips and bought a couple bars of Xanax and a handful of oxy's. Oh, and a pint of Beam to wash them down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I’m hearing through good sources that roads are likely going to cave it you’re planning a Friendsgiving in places such as Carbondale or Dover. But ONLY in those areas....straight face emoji...

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm pretty sure Ji cashed in his chips and bought a couple bars of Xanax and a handful of oxy's. Oh, and a pint of Beam to wash them down. 

Reminding me of my year and a half as a social worker on the Allegheny front of West va 

Just now, Inthepines said:

Reminding me of my year and a half as a social worker on the Allegheny front of West va 

Can't blame you for popping Xanax and oxys like tic tacs when dealing with that stuff. 

Hmmm. I said a couple of days ago that I thought 66 would end up the cutoff. I think i am going to bust. Maybe route 50 instead? Either way that puts me out of the game. Congrats to ya'll down south. Enjoy.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Can't blame you for popping Xanax and oxys like tic tacs when dealing with that stuff. 

Makes my job as a high school history teacher look like a breeze. A lot of awesome snow (and stories though). Hopefully we can will an inch tom

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Hmmm. I said a couple of days ago that I thought 66 would end up the cutoff. I think i am going to bust. Maybe route 50 instead? Either way that puts me out of the game. Congrats to ya'll down south. Enjoy.

I thought 50 and 66 crossed each other.

I know most of you know this ... but as most of the recent plots show composite reflectivity

Keep in mind that composite reflectivity shows the maximum reflectivity in the vertical column (i.e., the extent of virga).  It should not be confused with base reflectivity, which is a truer representation of where it may snow.

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Nope. 50 is about 10 miles north of 66 west of the city.

They do cross near Fair Oaks Mall. To the east 50 is south of 66 like in Arlington. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Nope. 50 is about 10 miles north of 66 west of the city.

Okay, but Google agrees with my memory from when I worked in Chantilly 40 years ago.

Capture.JPG