• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Baroclinic Zone

Does anyone know anywhere that lists active weather alerts by state? Intellicast used to have this box and it would list the state and any active alerts for the state, but since the merger with Wundergound that seems to be gone. Have been searching around but haven't found anything else. wunderground.com/severe.asp has something, but you click on the state and a drop down menu appears. Trying to find something that is a bit less time consuming. 

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Does anyone know anywhere that lists active weather alerts by state? Intellicast used to have this box and it would list the state and any active alerts for the state, but since the merger with Wundergound that seems to be gone. Have been searching around but haven't found anything else. wunderground.com/severe.asp has something, but you click on the state and a drop down menu appears. Trying to find something that is a bit less time consuming. 

Cmon Paulie

https://www.weather.gov

https://alerts.weather.gov

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Looking more for something that just lists a state and any active alerts. 

On Intellicast they would have a map of alerts and then next to the map it would have a listing of the states with alerts and below the state it would list the alert.

For example..

CT:

Winter storm watch, wind advisory

FL:

Tornado watch, flood watch

AK:

Blizzard warning

(This isn't for me BTW). I

27 minutes ago, dendrite said:

-4F Flurries

Hit -4 at 815 weird drop between 0700 and 0800.

I have never seen this. The ice in my yard is totally bullet proof.  My friend Barry is here, he tried breaking the ice with a maul, it was funny how it bounced. I guess that's what happens when 3.54 of rain is in 2.8 inches of snow, the temp never rises above 33 and it drops to 27 in 10 minutes.  I tried to get a core, yea no. About 1.5 inches left as best I can tell

Screenshot_20190121-083022_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Installed a mini split Saturday. This thing is impressive in cold weather. Its rated to full heat output at 5 degrees and cuts out a-13. I used my FLIR and the condenser temp was -20 but it was still putting out 90 degrees at the duct. Cold weather heat pumps are impressive.

01.thumb.jpg.0cec94e6d0d8926b15591a65548a69fc.jpg

02.jpg

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hit -4 at 815 weird drop between 0700 and 0800.

I have never seen this. The ice in my yard is totally bullet proof.  My friend Barry is here, he tried breaking the ice with a maul, it was funny how it bounced. I guess that's what happens when 3.54 of rain is in 2.8 inches of snow, the temp never rises above 33 and it drops to 27 in 10 minutes.  I tried to get a core, yea no. About 1.5 inches left as best I can tell

Screenshot_20190121-083022_Gallery.jpg

Yep, the surface readily supported my 210 lb frame without cracking. A literal bulletproof pack.

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

Installed a mini split Saturday. This thing is impressive in cold weather. Its rated to full heat output at 5 degrees and cuts out a-13. I used my FLIR and the condenser temp was -20 but it was still putting out 90 degrees at the duct. Cold weather heat pumps are impressive.

01.thumb.jpg.0cec94e6d0d8926b15591a65548a69fc.jpg

02.jpg

In my previous home, I pulled out the oil tank and mini splits provided the entire heating and cooling.   I was told it would heat to a toasty level with outside temperatures down to -13.   They were really good both for heating and cooling but man the electric bill was huge in winter!