Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

well, yeah ... surge, but that's a separate matter to my wise-azzing.   I was ribbing about the air itself. 

And I was kinda agreeing with that.  ;)   Someplace down on Penobscot Bay (Deer Isle, IIRC) recorded a gust over 110 mph (Sub-960 storms will do that), but it probably never got above 60 at BGR. 

15 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Don't worry. The warm up will time perfectly for Christmas eve/day.  Hackey sack and frisbee after turkey dinner. Like days of festive yore.

Given the appalling record for Grinch-ey wx for my area (warm snow-eating RA 12 of 20 years plus 3 more same wx but no snow to melt), the snowstorm last Christmas probably dooms us to more Grinches for the next bunch of years.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't understand the angst over 50 degree temperatures if there is no snow on the ground, anyway...unless its actually xmas, who cares...I'll pass on cold and dry.

So Ray, ur thoughts on next week? totally gone? or on life support with a slim chance? After reading your Blog last night etc

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Just throwin' 'nother solution into the fray...   the always correct with no cause for doubt 'ICON'ic p.o.s. model has a low end warning even for the 5th... 

Interesting that it has been showing cutters and now goes to a BM system.  Next run it will join the rest with an OTS.  What a model!

7 minutes ago, 512high said:

So Ray, ur thoughts on next week? totally gone? or on life support with a slim chance? After reading your Blog last night etc

I still feel like we will have a measurable snow event between now and 12/10....I wouldn't dismiss anything, but 12/5 is losing steam.

I don't think it will be a huge event, though....I think I said the window for the season's two largest is from 1/20 to 2/20.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

We’re gonna mild up in 11-15.  Certainly not an out and out pig though.

Shaking over a mild week in December.  This might be a lot more short lived . Days 11 12 13 aint warm days 14 15 are the start on the EPS. So here we are on day 4 of day 14 15 being the warm days, IDK how long this warmup lasts but HM gives us 7 to 10 days of it before we revert back. Sounds about right ,lets do last Christmas morning again!

download (8).png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

First looks better than second imo 

And the first isn’t looking particularly promising at the moment.  But we could be in that mid range model funk where it looks to go down the tubes..only to come back a few days from now.  

But We could very easily go 0-2 here...that’s a distinct possibility. 

Way to early to go either way though right now.  As another post said a few back...let’s see what Wednesday’s potential looks like Saturday night/ Sunday???  

The one after that...too far out to say as of now other than there is some potential.   

• Like 1