Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’ve seen it over and over and over again over the years with these. Models have them, lose them, then slowly bring them back and then it ends up coming and people can’t believe it. I stand by my thoughts of a light to possibly moderate event in SNE

Yes, 1/3 of the time samplings come in better and point to hits.  These are the ones we remember.  

Yes 1/3 of the time samples come in as projected and there's not a whole lot of change.  These we forget.

Yes, 1/3 of the time samples come in worse and everything sh*ts the bed.  These we forget.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 512high said:

good morning Scott, yesterday was it "two "possible events for next week? or just one left and other OTS? Or both on life support?

5th is in tough shape. 8th is on the table but that is not a lock by any means. It could go either way and I would not get confident with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Nope. Truthfully, nothing is really biting for that day 5 threat.

I pretty much agree with Scott. We are going to need improvements today or you can punt that one.

Doesnt look great

4th and 5 on our 40yd line, we can keep our offense out there to try to get them to jump offsides, but I’d rather just punt....it’s only the 1st qtr.

50 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You guys have done this with so many storms over the years.. giving up and then they come back. You’ll see big moves 00z tonight. If still not then.. then ok

I'd have to agree with you here.   I don't think 12z is the deadline if we don't see improvements.  If tonight at 0z there's still no movement in a favorable direction...then it's slipping away for sure.  As OceanStWx just said, it's(our SW) out over the NE Pacific even up until tonight...so still poor sampling at 12z today.  But it would be encouraging to see a lil movement in favorable direction at 12z today to lift the mood that an event is possible. 

We're starting to get within 5 days now...so we're going to need to at least see nothing get worse. It's definitely becoming less likely...the 00z GFS run made a nice move, but then it backed off in the other direction a bit at 06z and we still have a pretty ugly look on the other guidance.

It's gonna have to improve soon.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Day 5 event is on life support. Never say never, but you need a nice move at 12z or else.  

Day 8 i think is the one to watch here, Running out of time on day 5, Maybe eastern areas can get scraped with it if you can get it back west enough but that's looking like a reach as well right now, My money is on the latter system.