• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gotsnow
    Newest Member
    gotsnow
George BM

October Discobs Thread

0.91" here with a little left to come, but with 2.70" for the month, unless something unexpected happens between now and next Thursday, this will be my first below normal month since we were in that big drought last winter.

eta: That was sarcasm.

Amounts seem pretty uniform around the area...

.88" here since yesterday afternoon.  During winter we would be thrilled with an areawide 6-12" but a bit disappointed that the model runs of the stalled low at the mouth of the Ches didnt happen.   

1 hour ago, George BM said:

Just cracked 10.0" here (Herndon VA).

Posting from the ark?

Just 0.50 here, a little wind and chilly. The 44.0 degree high is a new record 'cool max' for the date, beating 2005's 47.0 reading. That is the 2nd cool max of the month (22nd), first time that has happened in a good while.

10 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Posting from the ark?

Just 0.50 here, a little wind and chilly. The 44.0 degree high is a new record 'cool max' for the date, beating 2005's 47.0 reading. That is the 2nd cool max of the month (22nd), first time that has happened in a good while.

Sorry about that. Weenie mode got carried away and changed my 1.36" total to a heavy wet paste.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Has dried out here, finally.  But not before I got to spend 2 hours in the rain aerating mine and my neighbors' yards.  What a mud-bog.  Hopefully, it'll dry out enough to salvage a fire-pit night.  Haven't measured yet, but certainly at least an inch out of this storm.

Eta:

1.2" event total.

Wonderful day here, 40's, breezy, cloudy with a few sprinkles from time to time. Only way to make it better would be for it to be 10 degrees colder with flurries instead of the sprinkles.

My numbers for the month of October 2018

Rainfall totaled 4.10 inches, a +1.40 above normal of 2.70 inches. Wettest day was the 11th with 1.48 inches falling. There were 16 dry days, 3 with a T and 12 wet days.

Averaged high was 66.0 degrees, a -1.7 below the normal of 67.8 degrees. Warmest day was on the 8th with a 84.7 degree reading. 

Averaged low was 47.1 degrees, a +6.3 degrees above normal of 40.8 degrees and 4th warmest ever recorded by me in Oct. Coolest was on 22nd with a 27.8 degree reading.

Average temp for the month was 56.5 degrees, a +2.2 degree reading above normal.

Records for the month were 4 new record 'warm minimums' on 6th, 7th, 10th and 11th.  Three new record 'cool maximums' were set, 14th, 22nd and 27th.

Highest wind recorded during month was 42 mph on 21st.

• Like 1