Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

17 hours ago, powderfreak said:

High of 63F off the low of 31F.  

The first real day that felt real different than the past 90 days.

60/32 at my place, fairly chilly max for a mostly sunny day.  Average was 13° BN though the month is still AN (until today's numbers get added.)  Today's low was similar, and the increasing clouds might stop temps in the 50s,

Blowing hard out of the E and SE today with gusts over 40 MPH at times. Lots of twigs and branches down.

There's a definite standing wave pattern with dark low clouds over the mountains with much brighter conditions over the valleys. Easily had a gust to near 50 MPH while driving route 8 near Clarksburg as that's a downslope spot on E flow. My truck was shaking vigorously, which made for a harrowing moment. I'm surprised there's no wind advisory from ALY.

2 hours ago, wxmanmitch said:

Blowing hard out of the E and SE today with gusts over 40 MPH at times. Lots of twigs and branches down.

There's a definite standing wave pattern with dark low clouds over the mountains with much brighter conditions over the valleys. Easily had a gust to near 50 MPH while driving route 8 near Clarksburg as that's a downslope spot on E flow. My truck was shaking vigorously, which made for a harrowing moment. I'm surprised there's no wind advisory from ALY.

Yea, pretty intense here as well which is normally the case in these setups.  Debris everywhere in the roads, like a slalom course driving home in the dark.  A 30ft weakened maple got uprooted and is leaning on the power lines at neighbors right now, power still on....for now. Advisory probably warranted, at least for the usual downslope suspects.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Chilly low to mid 50s at the more northern NNE ASOS sites this evening.  A cold rain for sure after all the heat and humidity of this summer.

xwQT5fx.png

I broke down and turned the heat on last night.  Closing the windows had sufficed Saturday night and Sunday night but the lack of any real sunshine and the damp from the rain forced me to do it.