Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

45 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I do like that the cans are not insanely priced.  $3.50ish isn’t bad.  We got some Bear and Julius.  I could see going on weekdays early to grab cans, but it was a 45 minute drive.   Beautiful facility. Great dogs

Agreed. I showed up about 15 minutes before they opened. They actually started letting people in early and got through approximately 500 people in 25 minutes. Lots of dogs and kids playing corn hole. I thought Julius was very reasonably priced; also looking forward to getting knocked on my arse by the imperial milk stout.

28 minutes ago, Hoth said:

What you get? Loved Fort Pt and Dialed In.

I've had both those and agree, solid brews.   I like to mix it as much as I can.  This is what I grabbed.

4-pak  DDH Farthswoth Street

4-pak  DDH Cuttling Tiles - Mosaic

4-pak  DDH - Congrees Street

4-pak  Permutation Series #62 - IIIPA

4-pak  Tiny Chicken - APA

4-pak Georges Island IPA

1 Bomber of Wild Broken ANgel

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I've had both those and agree, solid brews.   I like to mix it as much as I can.  This is what I grabbed.

4-pak  DDH Farthswoth Street

4-pak  DDH Cuttling Tiles - Mosaic

4-pak  DDH - Congrees Street

4-pak  Permutation Series #62 - IIIPA

4-pak  Tiny Chicken - APA

4-pak Georges Island IPA

1 Bomber of Wild Broken ANgel

Nice! Congress is fabulous as well. Haven't tried the others yet. Enjoy!

35 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Agreed. I showed up about 15 minutes before they opened. They actually started letting people in early and got through approximately 500 people in 25 minutes. Lots of dogs and kids playing corn hole. I thought Julius was very reasonably priced; also looking forward to getting knocked on my arse by the imperial milk stout.

I considered getting a couple of bottles of that.  I was being a cheap idiot and was like “$11 per bottle...no way!”    My much smarter wife reminded me on the drive home that I paid $15 for a pint of freakin Killian’s at a concert at TD Garden in June.

Dwope!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

That's just dumb

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It's the current trend, supply and demand lets it work for a few lucky (and skilled) breweries. Working in the biz I can confirm how costly these big New England IPA's are to make but some of these breweries are taking advantage of their customers.  Tree House is actually not that outrageous compared to others.  

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It's the current trend, supply and demand lets it work for a few lucky (and skilled) breweries. Working in the biz I can confirm how costly these big New England IPA's are to make but some of these breweries are taking advantage of their customers.  Tree House is actually not that outrageous compared to others.  

Their pours are rather pricey.  I think it was $34 for 4.   $8.50 a pop.      Wachusett Brew Yard (not as good, but lots of choices, some fairly good) has $5 pours 

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I considered getting a couple of bottles of that.  I was being a cheap idiot and was like “$11 per bottle...no way!”    My much smarter wife reminded me on the drive home that I paid $15 for a pint of freakin Killian’s at a concert at TD Garden in June.

Dwope!

Yeah I keep reminding myself that a Bud Light is like $6+ at a lot of bars, and more than that at stadiums, so $4-6 a beer at Tree House sounds mighty fine with the proper perspective.

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

Anyone here had Fiddlehead? I've heard that's good stuff too.

Yup, 2nd Fiddle is delicious. It is available at a few W MA locations.      

Brattleboro co-op is about 30 minutes from my house and they have a nice selection of Vermont only beers.  Upper Pass, Foley Brothers, Zero Gravity, Burlington Beer and Frost are all great VT breweries.  

You need to drive way N if you want Hill Farmstead or Alchemist though. 

33 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yup, 2nd Fiddle is delicious. It is available at a few W MA locations.      

Brattleboro co-op is about 30 minutes from my house and they have a nice selection of Vermont only beers.  Upper Pass, Foley Brothers, Zero Gravity, Burlington Beer and Frost are all great VT breweries.  

You need to drive way N if you want Hill Farmstead or Alchemist though. 

Yeah, I've had Alchemist stuff, but have yet to make the pilgrimage to Hill. Some day.

Just now, tamarack said:

Frozen dew on vehicle roof, not on grass, so at/near 32.

We had frost on rooftops and any open grass... you the kind that starts like 25 feet out from any woodline, building etc.

My location usually fogs out but didn't happen this morning, so I think that definitely aided in getting lower than forecast.

18 hours ago, snowman21 said:

Average first freeze there is 9/9, so right on time. Don't see a hard freeze (28 or lower) coming tonight though as the probability is <10% of it happening this early in the season with the average date being 9/25.

SLK did at least 27F last night... so landed in the under <10% chance.