Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

47 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Yup.  time to pull out the sweatshirts.  Cloudy skies and low dews make it feel really cool out there.  Just created a fall NNE thread, time to move into the next season. Really looking forward to a good soaker early next week.

You've been cloudy?  

Its been beautiful cobalt blue all day over here.

1 hour ago, snowman21 said:

Average first freeze there is 9/9, so right on time. Don't see a hard freeze (28 or lower) coming tonight though as the probability is <10% of it happening this early in the season with the average date being 9/25.

Ahh wrong wording then.  I forgot hard freeze was an actual benchmark of 28F.  I see them getting to 29-31F.

SLK dew is now 31F.  They usually radiate down to their lowest afternoon dew point or a touch below that in these set ups.

5 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Saw a pic on FB of first frost in Easton, Maine

Freeze warning up there for tomorrow.   Absolutely perfect day for Maine Woodlands Owners annual field day, though the coolish breeze was blowing things off the tables at lunchtime (and made the drone demo a bit more challenging.)

36 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I am really not sure they are worth the time and energy.  Other local breweries put out product of similar quality 

Wymans in Leominster must have a pretty damn good selection of New England breweries? 

Tree House has some real nice beers but I just can't rationalize drive time from Greenfield and then waiting in line.  

10 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Went this morning. Picked up a case of Julius. Well worth it.

I do like that the cans are not insanely priced.  $3.50ish isn’t bad.  We got some Bear and Julius.  I could see going on weekdays early to grab cans, but it was a 45 minute drive.   Beautiful facility. Great dogs

16 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wymans in Leominster must have a pretty damn good selection of New England breweries? 

Tree House has some real nice beers but I just can't rationalize drive time from Greenfield and then waiting in line.  

Wyman’s is an excellent store.  I go there sometimes. If I could buy TH in a store I would.   I can pretty much walk into Stone Cow or River Styx, both of which are very close, and get pours or cans.   

Pft. Come up and buy a case (12) of Foundation. $75. I think it's ridiculous, but people are paying it.

I do like that the cans are not insanely priced.  $3.50ish isn’t bad.  We got some Bear and Julius.  I could see going on weekdays early to grab cans, but it was a 45 minute drive.   Beautiful facility. Great dogs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk