Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

Just now, dendrite said:

Wow. We have a member from Delaware? I’ve driven through there multiple times and have yet to see a DE plate. I thought maybe it was an uninhabited territory.

I said the wrong things sorry i'm gonna stay in my sub-forum and not invade the New england forum. This wasn't my storm.

15 minutes ago, geo1 said:

Maybe Ray and Greg have lost power but pretty sure we got the 30" mark in these parts if not well over 2' crazy!

Oh, I have power my man, hope you do to.  Not sure if it's quite 30" but 27-29" maybe the upper bounds.  We'll see what the finals are but what a storm.  I thought these totals would be around Plymouth, Brockton, Taunton.  Not reversed.:rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

exactly, we do

it was a horrible bust valley wide and if it makes some weenie feel better to say we had 6 inches when there is 3 otg to cheat his/her way to the very low end of a forecast well then he/she can have at it

I think you're misunderstanding my questioning.  The forecast was not good for the valley and hasn't been for the past several storms.  I also don't think anyone is cheating if they are measuring the same way they have for 30+ years.  I think that's the only way that you can compare one storm to another and one measurement to another.  That's what I'm questioning so I can compare one measurement with another.

The "on the ground" debate is another story for another thread.

2 minutes ago, WeathermanB said:

I said the wrong things sorry i'm gonna stay in my sub-forum and not invade the New england forum. This wasn't my storm.

Dude, you are welcome to join us. Just remember that New England is synonymous with crabbiness. It's not that we can't be friendly; some of us just don't want to be. Stick around, you'll get used to us. For instance, you would have been happy to get 4-6 inches today (and in a bad winter so wouldn't we), but when its seems like everyone around you got 20" and you got 4 or 6.....well it's sort of like watching the Patriots lose the Super Bowl.... kind of an entitlement issue.

9 minutes ago, radarman said:

yeah.  At any rate there is no reason to pollute a historic snowstorm thread with further negativity here.  My sis and young neices live near Ray and I am totally stoked for them.  Snowforts are the best as a kid... literally the BEST.  Amazing pics coming out.  We'll enjoy the random 2-4" jackpots and maybe we'll get another Feb 2001 someday or relocate.

No one was polluting anything, this was a historic storm for many folks and soul crushingly poor for more than a few others.

2 minutes ago, Greg said:

Oh, I have power my man, hope you do to.  Not sure if it's quite 30" but 27-29" maybe the upper bounds.  We'll see what the finals are but what a storm.  I thought these totals would be around Plymouth, Brockton, Taunton.  Not reversed.:rolleyes:

Still have mine but a huge limb is hanging on my wires I'm not hopeful it does not take em down. Going out for the final shovel tonight has to be another 6 inches nuts

3 minutes ago, geo1 said:

We got / getting crushed this has to be the second biggest snow here that I remember. I was in Medford for 78 so that of course is on its own but wow!

April 97 and after second thought, perhaps long duration Feb 2015 event for me. Both over 30-33". Definitely runner ups in the U20s. Enjoy it. They are special.