Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

Just now, WxBlue said:

Thanks! Now just wait until I get my first meltdown next year because I know seasons like this doesn't happen every year.

A college friend went to Boston for 2014-15 year. When I saw him again, I asked him about your legendary month and he commented, "I never want to see another ****ing flake again for the rest of my life." 

I'll never experience something like that, but 40" in 5 mid-March days is good enough :)

Oh absolutely. In March? Epic. You’ll get yours up there in a crazy stretch. Pretty good winter there despite the several week lull. 

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh absolutely. In March? Epic. You’ll get yours up there in a crazy stretch. Pretty good winter there despite the several week lull. 

March has definitely more than made up for much of January and almost all of February. Those constant rainers and icing and 80F were seemingly sending this winter into F level...March has brought it up quite a bit

Imagine if that first storm was snow?

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

March has definitely more than made up for much of January and almost all of February. Those constant rainers and icing and 80F were seemingly sending this winter into F level...March has brought it up quite a bit

Imagine if that first storm was snow?

That storm was a KU of damage. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Like 1

I had a great day, I won't complain that where I live got less snow than literally everywhere I could drive to in about an hour and a half.  That's nothing new, and I wasn't expecting anything else.

But... when Newport verifies a blizzard, in name only, because the "airport" just 3 miles north of here, and not in this town, gets 50percent more snow...

Its official....as of 10:27pm, I have hit 30".
Move over 4/1/97.....KGAY has a new king-
Truly awesome! Almost exactly a year ago I experienced my first 30 inch event with a 5 inch per hour max. I will never forget it! Congrats!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Mid-December to mid-January was pretty good too. We had Christmas morning storm, a quick-hitting blizzard, and a historic Arctic cold outbreak. February was super meh, but still pulled a minor SWFE and a surprise 8" event. Then March happened. Really a solid winter.

9 minutes ago, eyewall said:

Truly awesome! Almost exactly a year ago I experienced my first 30 inch event with a 5 inch per hour max. I will never forget it! Congrats!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I did 4"/hr in the first trip through the death band mid AM....5"/hr in the second round from like 4-5pm.

• Like 1