Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Agreed.  I think its sunny by daybreak in western areas and by noon in far eastern areas.

Definitely a lower deck being hinted at tomorrow coming in on NE flow across E/SE MA but aside from that it should clear right out

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Up 5 degrees since 7:30am 33 to 38

I think I'm in the same band as you ... I'm over here in Ayer and it's up to 37 from 34 (actually 33.5) at dawn... Not sure if this is storm tongue of warm air wrapping over the north of the circulation, or marine .. or even diurnal - though i think less the latter given the density of overcast and falling rain.   

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think I'm in the same band as you ... I'm over here in Ayer and it's up to 37 from 34 (actually 33.5) at dawn... Not sure if this is storm tongue of warm air wrapping over the north of the circulation, or marine .. or even diurnal - though i think less the latter given the density of overcast and falling rain.   

It's real tough to tell...winds here were predominately north (at BDL and DXR) so it would be tough to think it's marine and looking at temps to the north they aren't that warm (around 32). 

we're getting tamer wind gusts up here in N. Middlesex in the interior ...could not be happier. 

As an adult, and home owner, and having a broader ...pragmatic outlook on reality and life ...eh hm... I don't covet destruction of my own - ... I even cringe more so now than ever before watching scenes of it elsewhere, knowing vicariously the stress, anxieties...etc.. .hardships they endure.  It's all fun and games until it's your eye that is lost...  And I do question one's mental stability if they wantonly root on that happening in their own back-yard, certainly...maturity. 

Yet the hypocrisy in me still is in awe at the majesty of bigger expressions of Nature... I guess somewhere that in that double standard is actually just a consciousness about all this - 

Either that? Or, I wanna watch the f'n Celtics tonight.  I need to get work done that requires the internet... I want heat in my home and hot water...  These wants simply out-weigh the desire to see rooves kiting through the air down my own street. 

Archived