Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Did it look like the block tried to press a bit more to you, negating some of the negative trend?

I didn't seem much change in the block....the storm does try and go a little bit more east at the last second to maybe counter some of the negative trend...but not all of it obviously. Again, if we can slide that sucked from like PIT to ACY instead of from ERI, it will really help and could be a huge difference in sensible wx.

Just now, Amped said:

CMC came NW too, think it's safe to say the 12z Euro was wrong.

Well we were pretty sure it was wrong, but the degree to which it is wrong matters a ton...a 50/50 split would be pretty prolific in SNE. An 80/20 or 90/10 might be more problematic.

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It really is a damn shame we couldn’t get just a bit better background state with regard to cold. This could be an all timer... unfortunately... looks like it will just be a heavy rainer

You're throwing in the towel way to early with this wacky system. I have my doubts too but also think we have a shot at getting nailed.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Well we were pretty sure it was wrong, but the degree to which it is wrong matters a ton...a 50/50 split would be pretty prolific in SNE. An 80/20 or 90/10 might be more problematic.

CMC might give quite a bit more snow to SNE.   So agreed it's SNE could still be in the game depending on the compromise ratio.

Archived