Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yes...I have overlooked what goes on before the system reaches the block, actually.

If this storm doesn't work out, it will be because of that...I totally dropped the ball on that.

You are right....a lot goes on before it reaches the block.

Thanks.

It all good man, Looks like PWM will have its 3rd warmest Feb on record, If we had cold air in place we would be talking snow totals for the month instead of this BS temps in Feb..

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Where have you been all winter?  Not that any of us would have gotten more snow based on your analysis but you are a great asset here!

Ha, thanks 

Yeah I've been doing more lurking than posting. Mostly crazy busy at work (hence random postings 2-4 am)

The wife, who also tolerated me through Feb 2015, has (only half jokingly) instituted a 3-storm / season rule: I'm allowed to geek out uninterrupted for 3 storms / winter. Which worked well this winter: aside from the January blizzard, I haven't been impressed enough by most potentials.

More generally, the increasingly pervasive (and improving) snowmaps kind of take a little thrill out of the hobby, because anyone can just blend rip and read. It's the chase and anticipating the positive surprises based on meteorology / experience that added to the suspense in the past. Will automation and computer guidance eventually get so good that we don't need human forecasters? Topic for another thread...

Euro running...

3 minutes ago, Amped said:

Still looks like it's having a convective feedback error. All other models abandon the easterly escape low today.

GFS CMC UKMET and the trend all show a northerly solution, I say Euro is overruled.

Yeah, It developed a second low out by the convection to the east, Then it fujis that one back to the west but its well offshore.

Archived