Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You can see the differences at H5 from hr 48 at 12z and hr 42 at 18z. It appears the Greenland block is forcing a little more confluence (more notable after hr 42 at 18z) and a cleaner phase causes the s/w to actually dig more ESE...a good thing.

Stop trying to steal my snow.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah we actually want some earlier phasing....it really helps the ULL to dig E and SE...we def don't want it closed off over like ERI and BUF...kepiung near PIT or a bit south is much better for us...it helps keep the warm air at bay and allows the CCB to draw in the colder air from the northeast.

It's almost a perfect storm, we're sort of threading the needle a bit. 

Block slows it down, allows smooth phase, denies push of warm air but allows maximum intensification. 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah we actually want some earlier phasing....it really helps the ULL to dig E and SE...we def don't want it closed off over like ERI and BUF...kepiung near PIT or a bit south is much better for us...it helps keep the warm air at bay and allows the CCB to draw in the colder air from the northeast.

Have you seen current satellite images? For you guys I'd worry about it phasing too soon that it goes south or west 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I wonder if he will stay in his house with no power while bands of house invaders are prowling the town like in Oct 2011.

Wife and kids move in with her fam for 2 months while he waits it out in a 40F house living off the land and cooking outside oven an open fire using wood from all of the oak branches piled across his yard.

Archived