12bet1 net
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That is very preliminary....like pre first call lol

I like the areas you highlighted as best potential for big snow if this does come to fruition. I could definitely see my area down to you getting smoked if this threads the needle. 

I haven't seen it mentioned, but watch the little cold front passage Thursday. It's more a dewpoint drop, but the NAM shows this lower Td air at 925 MB well, draining down from Maine. It will be fighting more erly flow advecting higher dews and thus raising the wetbulb  temps in lower levels, but this may get enveloped in the circulation in cause some earlier flash overs to snow..if this is correct.

925th.us_ne.png

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah.. he basically GFS anywhere south of his state lol

But I agree with him that those are the "most likely" spots and also from a purely climo standpoint it makes sense.  The mix of possible QPF and slightly colder thermal profiles.  

It's just a first stab and hard to argue with "most likely."

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

But I agree with him that those are the "most likely" spots and also from a purely climo standpoint it makes sense.  The mix of possible QPF and slightly colder thermal profiles.

If this can tick a bit colder... I could see a place like Foxboro or Sharon cleaning up. If hey flip quick... there will be a lot of liquid to work with 

41 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This may be one of the few storms, where the wind and CF have me interested moreso than usual. I have Friday off so was hoping to head to my usual spots to check  it out.

I miss that. Along time ago I lived in Rockport Massachusetts. South Street. Whenever we had strong storms that blew onshore you could hear the breakers ...about three or four blocks away

Archived