Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Well, we're having our first late season ssw/split that seems to want to connect to the trop in as long as i remember. That in itself is worth discussing. The best thing you and I can do is discuss the F out of it. It's an interesting phenomenon that only happens once in a while. 

No way I'm letting anyone chase me away from what I love. I was partially recovering from the Eagles win.  Things got crazy that night omg. I did not partake in any illegal activities other then public intoxication. Me and my brother and several thousand others did do a victory march down broad street though singing and chanting the whole way. 

And after that things seemed pretty boring long range. I wanted to wait for the SSW to get more concrete but now it is and it's worth discussing. I just find it ironic that for a few days no one complained when there was nothing to talk about but the minute there is something interesting again that's when they start with that nonsense again. 

Love how I went after Avanti the other night and then he launches a shot at you for no darn reason.  A few people have lost their minds this year. I know it's two bad years in a row but man suck it up. We had 3 good years before that. It will snow again sometime. I love snow but this seems unhealthy. 

Yea, homemade mozzarella, fresh picked basil, thin sliced vine ripened romas, small batch cold pressed olive oil, and fresh grated garlic. Stick that in a high temp wood fired oven and go to heaven and back each slice. 

I know this is blasphemy but I love UNOs deep dish numero uno. But only fresh. It doesn't warm up well. If it's next day it has to be thin crust NY pizzeria style. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I know this is blasphemy but I love UNOs deep dish numero uno. But only fresh. It doesn't warm up well. If it's next day it has to be thin crust NY pizzeria style. 

Today is national pizza day. No kidding either. I prob only eat pizza once a month tops but tonight is pizza night. Boom!

Yea, homemade mozzarella, fresh picked basil, thin sliced vine ripened romas, small batch cold pressed olive oil, and fresh grated garlic. Stick that in a high temp wood fired oven and go to heaven and back each slice. 

I just had one at Filomena Ristorante in DC. By far one of the best I've had. If you're every hungry in DC, that's the place to go. 

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Is anyone else having trouble getting the site to load correctly on a mobile device. For me, it's my ipad giving me trouble.

Not exactly, but occasionally when I load the site on my phone it leads to a few ads in other websites telling me I have won a $1000 amazon gift card or something. I don’t know why this forum has intrusive ads like that. I want to support by taking off Adblock on desktop but not when it’s redirecting me to sites like that every time...

12 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Is anyone else having trouble getting the site to load correctly on a mobile device. For me, it's my ipad giving me trouble.

9 hours ago, Mordecai said:

Not exactly, but occasionally when I load the site on my phone it leads to a few ads in other websites telling me I have won a $1000 amazon gift card or something. I don’t know why this forum has intrusive ads like that. I want to support by taking off Adblock on desktop but not when it’s redirecting me to sites like that every time...

I've determined that the problem is when I have javascript enabled on my Ipad.  The page briefly begins to load and then I get a "There is a problem with this webpage so it was reloaded," message, but it never completely reloads and keeps cycling through the same process.  When I turn off javascript, the page loads fine and everything is normal, except that I can't quote other posts.

I'm wondering if this isn't a problem with this site and the recent update.  I didn't have any problems until recently.

3 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Gotta love my godawful apartment complex. Every time it rains heavy, stuff gets into my water line. My water is brown and frothy. Yum.

Heh, something is way wrong there dude. You're on WSSC public water. If rain affects your water quality then your pipes must be connected to storm drains...or worse...

44 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Gotta love my godawful apartment complex. Every time it rains heavy, stuff gets into my water line. My water is brown and frothy. Yum.

Oh boy. That's not something to ignore. Frothy water is never good, anywhere, anytime. May as well stick your head down a port a potty sh!tter. Call someone immediately.  

1 hour ago, Stormpc said:

Oh boy. That's not something to ignore. Frothy water is never good, anywhere, anytime. May as well stick your head down a port a potty sh!tter. Call someone immediately.  

I have. They do nothing about it. City is even aware of it. A quick search in the moco subreddit makes me think it’s actually fairly common up here.

i actually like warm rain, though i also don't like the cold...unless it snows.  i'm sort of ready for spring at this point.  not a big fan of going 2-3 years without a significant snowstorm (if that's how things end up going down, though i guess technically we're at 2+ years), but it is what it is.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived