Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

George BM

10 minutes ago, Jandurin said:
14 minutes ago, Jebman said:
Well, you are fortunate, you will have less fallen trees. But you are in MD, you are a hell of a lot closer to this windmaker, than I am.

Much prefer this now than with leafed trees

copy that.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carroll County is elevated. It will get strong winds. Too bad I am way south in Dale City and I will get hit just as destructively as you.

And, I cant afford it. Tree hits my house I'm effectively homeless for life. I already owe Sentara 3300 dollars for one ER visit for a severe cold in January. I am effectively in debt for life as it is. Now you see why I hate extreme wind events. There are 60 foot trees all over Dale City, some are 70 feet tall. We are like Miami getting hit by a Cat 5 hurricane's right front quadrant - we are a total disaster just waiting to happen. This windex event may be IT. This might be The Big One.

Meanwhile, in other news, a 1300 mile long swath of rainfall is headed due east - NOT towards us, but toward North Carolina and the southeastern US. I love rain like winning the 2 billion jackpot on the Powerball - But I will see very little rain with this storm. I will, however, see plenty of strong winds.

North Carolina and the southeast get to enjoy frantic water rescues come Sunday after 2 days of steady rain, all that fresh, life giving rain I craved and that I am DENIED.

North Carolina is already swimming in plentiful rain with MUCH MUCH more to come and we are still waiting on precip lol. Figures. They got flood watches down there. I hate wind but FLOODS, I CRAVE! 

Something always happens so that when we get hydrologic issues, the rain stops and we never ever flood. I am always disappointed and I never understand why my flood weenie heart always gets broken living in Dale City. Its as though we have an Klingon Anti Rain Shield, that gets switched on once we reach saturated ground status. It happens EVERY TIME, without fail.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived