February Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/31/2018 at 10:38 PM, George BM said:

The 0z GBMx sports model is lol. 

Eagles: 52 --- Patriots: 8

Will post the ensembles when they become available.

To only a few people's surprise the ensembles were not too interesting. There were some extreme solutions going both ways but on average favoring the Pats by a few points. The biggest cluster was between +6-10 Pats.

ETA: There was also a small cluster of roughly +20 Eagles give or take a few. So there is that.

• H2O pinned this topic
7 hours ago, MountainGeek said:

Great work on the data analysis -- really appreciate you taking the time to post stuff like that.  

What do we need to do to get our -NAO.....hire some tugs to tow a bunch of icebergs to the northern atlantic to reduce the warm SSTs? I'd donate to the cause.

Tell trump Greenland has more money than him  and he should nuke them. 

No, last winter was by far. Missed early Jan storm to our South, torched Feb, and most of our area busted with the March 13/14 sleet bomb. We just got duped by promising LR looks most of the time this winter
Last year I just gave up ...early and didn't feel like I wasted my time. Nothing worse than having 15 straight days of below freezing weather and seeing zero snow

3 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

No, last winter was by far. Missed early Jan storm to our South, torched Feb, and most of our area busted with the March 13/14 sleet bomb. We just got duped by promising LR looks most of the time this winter

Honestly though, could have done without the record cold and high heating bills to look outside at grass.

I think that made this one worse.

This is a big sub-forum. It's a pretty rare winter where everyone is happy with the results. This winter has been great for folks along the immediate coast. Well above their snow climo at this point.

It has been decent imby. I have just over 10", already more than last winter's total, and I had snow on the ground for several days with bitter cold temps. And sometimes you have to chase if you are able to when things completely suck in your yard. A few of us here headed to the beach and experienced an awesome blizzard. 

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Big sub-forum. It's a pretty rare winter where everyone is happy with the results. This winter has been great for folks along the immediate coast. Well above their snow climo at this point.

It has been decent imby. I have just over 10", already more than last winter's total, and I had snow on the ground for several days with bitter cold temps. And sometimes you have to chase if you are able to when things completely suck in your yard. A few of us here headed to the beach and experienced an awesome blizzard. 

agreed.  While not without the normal letdowns, this winter for mby has been FAR better than last year.  ITs not even close. 

Last year was board up the window and ride out the warm storm....this year just close/open curtains kinda winter.  Even if our once great Feb look becomes MEHworthy, I'll still be fine with it.  Cant deny its a letdown though (and in part because of time invested in lookin at puter screen in search of snow.

10 minutes ago, wkd said:

Thanks. I never noticed your signature. I guess in most cases people just don't want to bother using an extra keystroke. 

My wife and I are avowed grammar nazis (she's an editor, so it makes sense!), so I'm on a low-key crusade to bring some sort of honor back to the written word. :lol:

Seriously though...I have absolutely no problem with informal writing on forums and the like (I consider it like speaking iinformally/in dialect with your friends/family), but some of these errors (using an apostrophe to pluralize!!!!!) need to be stamped out before they spread!

50 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I turn signatures off on Day 1 of any forum I join, but in case you can see them, have a look at mine.

One of my favorites is seeing how people choose to use possessive language over the Redskins' former franchise tag.  Man am I going to miss seeing Cousins's magic!

3 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Guess accuweather is now off my list for places to stop for a quick glance at radar. Annoying popup comes up after every click telling me to turn off my ad blocker or purchase an ad removal pass. I tell you, I am absolutely devastated by this turn of events.

Use DuPage.

12 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

"yeah I think that is the late October snow year. We were still in Cockeysville, and I recall Fozz driving north through Parkton into PA to see a few inches. PSU/Highstakes/Loseto6 probably saw something decent out of it since it was pretty elevation dependent. "

the rest of that winter i have no memory of, so i guess it was awful. 

@mappy

I got 5.5" from 10-29-11 . One of my favorite storms of all-time.  Then I chased the late April 2012 Western Md paste bomb . 

yeah i figured you would have done well during that one. how i wish we were in parkton then. 

47 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

"yeah I think that is the late October snow year. We were still in Cockeysville, and I recall Fozz driving north through Parkton into PA to see a few inches. PSU/Highstakes/Loseto6 probably saw something decent out of it since it was pretty elevation dependent. "

the rest of that winter i have no memory of, so i guess it was awful. 

@mappy

I got 5.5" from 10-29-11 . One of my favorite storms of all-time.  Then I chased the late April 2012 Western Md paste bomb . 

3.5" here.

8 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

About 5.5-6.0 at my house but as much as 7 maybe even 8 on the highest ridges in the area. Elevation at its finest. Every 50 feet higher made a difference.

Nice! Yeah, nothing like that down in the lowlands :lol:

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived