joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks bullish considering everything shifted a bit north..  

Tuesday Night
A chance of snow, mainly after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Wednesday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 36. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Wednesday Night
Rain and snow before 2am, then a chance of snow between 2am and 5am. Low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

26 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Looks bullish considering everything shifted a bit north..  

Tuesday Night
A chance of snow, mainly after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Wednesday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 36. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Wednesday Night
Rain and snow before 2am, then a chance of snow between 2am and 5am. Low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Yeah, my p/c says 100% chance heavy snow on Wednesday.   I find that a little odd coming from BOX 3 days out on a system that still isn't locked on the models. 

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, my p/c says 100% chance heavy snow on Wednesday.   I find that a little odd coming from BOX 3 days out on a system that still isn't locked on the models. 

these pt and click forecasts are the worst thing that has happened to noaa....the more detailed nws forecasts were so much better

Yeah, looks like this month is going to end up AN with rain for coast. SO much for a rockin' Feb 5 onward! Disappointing winter for sure, cold, yes, but not fun. I think the main reason meltdowns happen like this is because we all know there's limited time left for us to have great winters before things change globally. 

4 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

Yeah, looks like this month is going to end up AN with rain for coast. SO much for a rockin' Feb 5 onward! Disappointing winter for sure, cold, yes, but not fun. I think the main reason meltdowns happen like this is because we all know there's limited time left for us to have great winters before things change globally. 

Meh.

23.7/15

6 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

I think whether the changes are good or bad for snowy NE winters are still up for debate. But yeah, not going to be the February we thought a week ago.

23 minutes ago, Blizz said:

I think whether the changes are good or bad for snowy NE winters are still up for debate. But yeah, not going to be the February we thought a week ago.

And it probably won’t be the February we thought a week from now.... models are struggling big time in the longer range....wouldn’t get to hung up on any one idea....good or bad.  

Archived