joxey
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

"The bus came by and I got on, that's when it all began..."

Your area to here does quite well in these, 2007 we had numerous events, If things break right with these next two, I will be over climo for this winter, Weds may even get me close to it if i jack max totals.

it 'bout the only way to get a coastal storm out of such a pancaked screaming compression.  And Scott's right - sell...

if one's gambling that's the lesser plausible scenario in such a fast flow. The model has to be meticulously correct about a great many variables at a rather uneasy amount of lead time.  good luck... Hey, could happen...that's the only take away.

44 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That's a big change on the EURO...

Kuchie snow totals just for fun for the two snowstorms (this evening and Wednesday).

Untitled.jpg.98b1fb29162fd68d2062d65a4189c46c.jpg

Wildcat for the win.

Considering there's bupkis from today, if those totals play out Wednesday will be nice.  I look forward to reading about it from MI.

33.2/22

34 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

Snowing rather heavily ATM in Winsted points west, although it's 35* and melting, it looks nice... shame, Feb 5th, and another missed opportunity, hopefully Wednesday pans out colder, still about 30" from climo here

Nice.   Just starting here.  Already 33.4/24 but perhaps may grab an inch before a changover if all goes well.

Edit:  looks like a little evaporational cooling taking place, temps dipped to 32.4/23

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

Nice.   Just starting here.  Already 33.4/24 but perhaps may grab an inch before a changover if all goes well.

Edit:  looks like a little evaporational cooling taking place, temps dipped to 32.4/23

Surprisingly sticking and rates are good, maybe we can hold on for a while to pad the stats...

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You think we have any more snow shots after this weekend 

Well considering there is still almost 3 weeks left in the month this weekend, I don't see why not. Maybe have to watch Feb 13-14...still out in clown range but the pattern could support another overrunning or SWFE type system. Hopefully it doesn't end up a cutter. Euro has it as a weak overrunning system right now.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well considering there is still almost 3 weeks left in the month this weekend, I don't see why not. Maybe have to watch Feb 13-14...still out in clown range but the pattern could support another overrunning or SWFE type system. Hopefully it doesn't end up a cutter. Euro has it as a weak overrunning system right now.

I’m hearing it’s almost over from some mets . Wasn’t sure what they were talking about 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m hearing it’s almost over from some mets . Wasn’t sure what they were talking about 

Well to be fair, its a pretty ugly pattern south of here. So if the mets were talking about mid-atlantic or just the east coast in general, I could sort of see it....but we might be fine. No guarantee though...we could end up skunked too if some of these cut.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well to be fair, its a pretty ugly pattern south of here. So if the mets were talking about mid-atlantic or just the east coast in general, I could sort of see it....but we might be fine. No guarantee though...we could end up skunked too if some of these cut.

What are your thoughts on the SSW possibility?

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

What are your thoughts on the SSW possibility?

I feel like its starting to become irrelevant...by the time it happens (if it does at all), it will be too late to matter a whole lot...maybe it will extend a winter pattern in late March...certainly possible. I suppose if it goes bonkers in the next week, maybe we will reap some rewards earlier in early March. But right now, the stratosphere looks frigid. Maybe the warming the Euro shows after the split vortex out beyond D5 will happen...I dunno.

Archived