Newest Member
    joxey
1/4 Mega Bomb obs.

Ericjcrash

19 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Death Band over NYC into Westchester and CT

Death Band.gif

Of course, just south and east of me :(

It's blowing pretty good here on top of my hill. There won't be any way of getting even reasonably accurate measurements from this storm. Visibility has been a block or less for a few hours now but there's still grass showing through even where there wasn't before the storm started.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gravitylover said:

Of course, just south and east of me :(

It's blowing pretty good here on top of my hill. There won't be any way of getting even reasonably accurate measurements from this storm. Visibility has been a block or less for a few hours now but there's still grass showing through even where there wasn't before the storm started.

Just east of me too, we are getting snow and plenty of it but I have not seen those yellow bands over my way...

8 minutes ago, ict1523 said:

Holy crap! All hell broke loose in the last five minutes. I can no longer see across the Major Deegan (my windows face it). I also had a house shaking gust of wind. I have dust flying out from underneath my moldings and walls and snow coming in through the walls. Might have more to do with the fact that I live in a 120 year old townhouse, but still, never had wind like this before!

Ok this observation right here belongs in the weenie hall of fame for all time awesome lol

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

Upton has egg on their face. The lack of a blizzard warning is pathetic. They obviously know it' verified in Queens already. 

It has verified at LGA, JFK and HPN already.

Not sure what Upton is doing. This is an extremely dangerous band parked over the metro.

Here in Brooklyn - Bensonhurst 66th St and 17th Ave - white out condition with heavy snow and very strong gusting winds. Temp around 22 degrees. This is the worst of the storm so far . Reminiscent of the Boxing Day storm. Won't go out to clear snow until conditions get better.

Vic V
Picture, please? My stomping grounds

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, VicV said:

Here in Brooklyn - Bensonhurst 66th St and 17th Ave - white out condition with heavy snow and very strong gusting winds. Temp around 22 degrees. This is the worst of the storm so far . Reminiscent of the Boxing Day storm. Won't go out to clear snow until conditions get better.

Vic V

It's ripping snow here

You are right next to me.( Sheepshead bay here )

Even though I'm at MMU, it's fun to see nature at work. We might only get a pedestrian amount of snow, but the fact that it's 20 or lower, and the snow is whipping around like North Dakota, is really something cool to see and not get too experience that often. I got a Foot+ or so of compacted snow and sleet in March; it was horrendous to move. This is half that and it's going to get super cold. Really cool to see! My deck is bare because it's moving so much.

Enjoy the big amounts if you get them! Drifts should be crazy.

Archived