Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 4-6 Coastal Bomb Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ha. well i spend the past 6 years trying to rebuild my career after a bad layoff in 2011 and when I finally get back...wife wants a house, now I am house poor :lol: 

Congrats on new career and a foot of fluff. It felt like this one was never going to happen with endless non-phasing runs.

2 minutes ago, WintersComing said:

Just glad that pretty much all of the area is gettin the goods!!  

And not to jinx the rest of the winter and certainly not to discount the damage that’s going on or any injuries, but just from a snowstorm perspective, glad this is first happening in early Jan and not late Feb.  maybe this is only round one. 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Finally under that band...needed it to get a little north of me on radar to account for drift. I was trying my best not to melt.

21° +SN 1/8SM

If I wasn't under it for two hours I'd probably be melting right now. Embrace it. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Coastal flooding approaching that of blizzard of '78..per box

2 minutes ago, Thunderblizzard said:

Got an average of 9.5-10"... ridiculous stuff to measure.

I tried to measure as accurately as I could too..it’s tough to get an accurate reading.  But 10 inches or s bit more here.  Still coming too...winds are impressive.

3 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

I can actually say - Northern RI is getting Croaked right now.  The NAM was completely off its rocker.  Everyone here with 7"-10" and it's 2" per hour +.  

GFS was awful too with the E CT and E/C MA screw zone.

1 minute ago, DomNH said:

If I wasn't under it for two hours I'd probably be melting right now. Embrace it. 

This is your 3”/hr now...playing some catchup.

3A6A412F-7EA0-496C-A842-8D8F994A10F2.gif

it’s awesome when so many are getting in on the storm. Good luck to those on the coast and Cape...sounds like a mess developing.

1 minute ago, ORH_greenhorn said:

Radar shows a "dry slot" over ORH but rates don't seem to have diminished at all... How is this so?

Was wondering about this too. According to radar it should be the lighter but if anything it is 1-2" per hour with the biggest flakes of the day.

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Interior SE MA jackpot in this one....relentless there. But yeah, no dryslots to worry about in this one...700 low passing outside of ACK FTW (at least in this case).

Jan4_1257pmRadar.gif

I suspect also that locked CF in that vicinity/SE is assisting in some lift there... 

Archived