Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Eh... he gets it. Viable threats seem to be fizzling to nothing recently here. Saturday was a good storm a few days ago, now we’ll be lucky to cover the grass.

Deep cold and bare ground is the worst. I’m sure we’ll warm up just in time for a cutter though. No doubt in my mind about that

I think days of cold and dry and a “great pattern” interrupted by a cutter is worse. It’s an insult. A slap in the face.  We’ll see. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You honestly think I would write it off being a met?  

It better happen though. 

I'll be honest...I jump the gun a little during favored periods because I put so much time into the outlooks, and I love when it works out.

But threat is for real imo...we'll see.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'll be honest...I jump the gun a little during favored periods because I put so much time into the outlooks, and I love when it works out.

But threat is for real imo...we'll see.

I hope. There isn't anything worse than cold and dry. At least we have pics of car thermometers.

1 hour ago, mahk_webstah said:

Yeah but you never know when he's actually melting or just poking the weenies.  I mean it is the weeklies late in the period.  Maybe he's trying to get Snow88 to talk about the EPO?

Yes, he is poking the nest but he is also subconsciously prepping himself for cold and dry followed by cutter 1980s style....he knows regression is lurking in the bushes with a basket full of rope and a bottle of roofies. 

9 hours ago, 78Blizzard said:

As BTV AFD said earlier:

"The lower confidence is not helped by fairly low run-to-
run consistency."

I wish we didn't see so much of this in AFDs.

I don't really give much thought to run to run consistency of the deterministic models in the extended. It is a given they will flop around like a fish, especially beyond days 5 and 6. What is the run to run consistency of the ensembles? I really don't think the NWS has put enough emphasis and training behind that. I think for a significant percentage of the workforce, the latest model suite is gospel. 

I guess my point is, I don't think we should have lower confidence because of low run to run consistency (it's always low). But we could have higher confidence because higher run to run consistency (not a common occurrence).

And you kids get off my lawn.

Archived