Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

we defer to you, obviously...looks like dog poo to me with how proggy the trough is. 

The nrn stream is fast, agreed. But I guess looking at 0z vs 12z...I like how 12z kept a concise nrn stream s/w and srn stream s/w. 00z has that hang back tail of vorticity that can be tough to straighten out in time.

5 minutes ago, Hoth said:

When can we expect this energy to be decently sampled? In a data sparse region ATM, correct?

Euro would suggest the "southern" stream wave is hanging around the Yukon right now, but the northern stream wave is still over the Pacific and not forecast to come over land until possibly as late as 12z Mon.

A full on heavy blizzard at least for Delaware and I think Baltimore-Washington up to about Philadelphia and across South Jersey. In the days before it was forecast be a week low out to seA by the weather models at times. But a forecastersomewhere look at the set up and predicted a heavy snowstorm for the middle Atlantic. There's an article on that somewhere.

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

A full on heavy blizzard at least for Delaware and I think Baltimore-Washington up to about Philadelphia and across South Jersey. In the days before it was forecast be a week low out to seA by the weather models at times. But a forecastersomewhere look at the set up and predicted a heavy snowstorm for the middle Atlantic. There's an article on that somewhere.

I believe they had 15" on the Brooklyn beaches, 8" in The Bronx.  The immortal PDI

Archived