joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ukie looks amped at 144h...doesn't go any further...would need to see another frame for it actually reaching us, but there's no doubt it would based on 144h.

00z hasn't really told us much yet...other than don't go locking in solutions at D7...but we knew that already. :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ukie looks amped at 144h...doesn't go any further...would need to see another frame for it actually reaching us, but there's no doubt it would based on 144h.

00z hasn't really told us much yet...other than don't go locking in solutions at D7...but we knew that already. :ph34r:

Threat is def. more a whiff than too amped.

http://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2017/12/brutal-stretch-of-cold-to-culminate.html

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It was evident to me early on that the southern stream was weaker...congeals later.

I thought the northern stream was going to get it done.  Southern stream is not happening in the current regime I suspect.  It looked like it was cooking up a Miller B from that energy rolling down the front range.

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I thought the northern stream was going to get it done.  Southern stream is not happening in the current regime I suspect.  It looked like it was cooking up a Miller B from that energy rolling down the front range.

Agree...but you never know.

It tries...really goes negative, but a bit too late this run.

30 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Overnight guidance was awful. EPS shifted way se. Have a few days to bring it back, I guess.

Meh City. 

I think this cold culminates in something moderate to major before the moderation. Problem is...the moderation isn’t happening anytime soon. At least the ponds will have really thick ice. 

I expect the storm for next week to start to edge back west starting probably on tomorrow's runs.  Granted it could go out to see but the models have signaled this storm for a couple of days,  I think?  It is not uncommon that they lose the signal for a day or two.  Then it starts coming back and trends for 2-3 days before it settles on something similar to what it was showing initially.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Very, very depressing when Scoots Mcgoots begins to melt. Hopeful dwindles for the rest of us. 

I'm not melting, but cannot stand cold and dry. Weeklies offer wet anomalies along the OV and EC..probably from storm track. But, it's definitely a cutter risk. I'm sure some will counter that with Leon.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Very, very depressing when Scoots Mcgoots begins to melt. Hopeful dwindles for the rest of us. 

Eh... he gets it. Viable threats seem to be fizzling to nothing recently here. Saturday was a good storm a few days ago, now we’ll be lucky to cover the grass.

Deep cold and bare ground is the worst. I’m sure we’ll warm up just in time for a cutter though. No doubt in my mind about that

12 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Yeah but you never know when he's actually melting or just poking the weenies.  I mean it is the weeklies late in the period.  Maybe he's trying to get Snow88 to talk about the EPO?

That’s what they show. The farther north, the better with that look. Hopefully the pacific improves further. 

Archived