• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 9, 2017 - Storm Discussion (Breaking the seal on the season for many)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

noo...

it's luck - period.

we've been missed by enough narrow events to know that sometimes you get the bullet, sometimes you don't... The point is, it's 50 mile wide bullet and it could streak anywhere.  weather SNE sticks out or not means nothing.  it happened to be in unlikely path and that is all chance.

Ok...fair point, definitely lucky that the low pressure system happens to track SW to NE up the eastern seaboard.

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Lets have this precipitation start a bit earlier , radar echoes are fairly close already

Such a moisture laden system with enough surprises down south that while i would not forecast crazy totals, i could see some 11,12" lollis

I'm with you STILL N OF PIKE.  I think conservetively 9-10" lollies but that's spliting hairs now.

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Lets have this precipitation start a bit earlier , radar echoes are fairly close already

Such a moisture laden system with enough surprises down south that while i would not forecast crazy totals, i could see some 11,12" lollis

I don’t think that happens.  8” tops

Hope I’m wrong.    4-6” for my hood

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ok...fair point, definitely lucky that the low pressure system happens to track SW to NE up the eastern seaboard.

dude, whatever -

you are way over over assessing that thing to make some point.  not going to argue through that lens of yours...  fine, it's a common occurrence - have at it.

Love your organization.    Will your sledding areas get hit by this at all?

Thank you Dave, Its all about the kids with the Shriner Hospitals in Boston and Springfield, Yes this looks to hit most of the state with snow so it should go towards a base for the areas that don't have snow and add to the pack where there is snow.

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

That's the first time in a very long time i can remember that Ryan used overlapping snowfall totals in his graphics. Interesting. 

It's funny you say that. I was so busy at work today I literally made that map about 2 minutes before air. 

About an hour later I realized I did that lol

Wow did the Deep South, and I mean Deep South get pounded...Record breaking snows for them in lots of areas.  

And I remember, somebody on here saying it might snow in New Orleans with this(and it was hard to believe)..and it did...nice call!  That’s something.  Richmond VA in for possible double digit snows...this thing is juiced.   Overachiever big time down there.  Impressive.

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Wow did the Deep South, and I mean Deep South get pounded...Record breaking snows for them in lots of areas.  

And I remember, somebody on here saying it might snow in New Orleans with this(and it was hard to believe)..and it did...nice call!  That’s something.  Richmond VA in for possible double digit snows...this thing is juiced.   Overachiever big time down there.  Impressive.

Yea but there’s a difference between his call for historic 4” of snow based off nam weenie maps compared to what actually hapenned, flakes in the air.

Deff overperformed in many areas of the south though.

Archived