Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Never seen the traffic in Tilton as bad as it was today. Egads. People were parking across the street for the outlets. 3/4 of the plates were out of state. 

8 minutes ago, kdxken said:

My daughter said it took her 10 minutes just to get off 93. Never seen the outlets so busy.

I guess the rainy weather drives people to stores.  Made the mistake of making my monthly BJ's run today in KLEB, so did seemingly everyone else. 

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Never seen the traffic in Tilton as bad as it was today. Egads. People were parking across the street for the outlets. 3/4 of the plates were out of state. 

There are an obscene amount of people in Stowe this weekend.  I forgot how much of a sh*tshow Labor Day Weekend is.

And everyone drives slow as dirt...in no hurry at all, looking around, unsure of where they are going.  It's infuriating to go to the supermarket at 10mph under the speed limit the whole way. 

45 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

0.90" here.   55.4F for the high

Someone said today wouldn't be that bad

This has been a nice synoptic event... it has been raining for 13 hours straight now.

Feels more like a fall season event, chilly temps in the low 50s in the valley (upper 40s above 1,500ft) and steady rains that seem to average a bit below 0.1"/hr.   Not the heavy convective rains of summer where you get brief high rates and short-duration rain totals... just a steady soaking rainfall.

It started around 7am and hasn't stopped since, with just over an inch here (Stratus gauge is overflowing a little) and 1.30" so far at the base of the ski resort.  The weenie in me is thinking about how in the winter this would be a nice 12-inch event today averaging 0.8-1.0"/hr, lol.

Fg6mt5Q.gif

5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

They had it listed on draft at Campfire Grille in Bridgton.

In the last month or so, I've seen it all over the place by me in ny.  On tap and in cans.  Drove by the spot where they are building the new brewery in waitsfield yesterday.  Think it's supposed to open next summer or fall.

Rain started at 2:30 PM and ended almost exactly 12 hours later, 1.29" total - nice watering after 10 days of low dews and lots of sun.  Mid-morn sun peeks resulted in a high of 60, with low 50s during the rain.  The well never dropped nearly as far as last year, but the SNJ crew is due here in early Oct, and 8 extra water users might become problematic if the mini-drought had continued.  Might get another inch this week.

Archived