joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked, shocked, that we will end up with just some rain and wind. It's almost like that's what we always get from these systems on the rare occasion they do impact us.

Isabel is the only tropical system that I remember having a major impact during my lifetime. Floyd was also pretty decent with rain and some wind. I'm sure there were a couple others that gave us some good rains but, for the most part, these things fail to impact us.

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Some of y'all live and die by these runs. I don't know how you sleep at night. 

Don't include me in the group that sees a major hurricane hit the US and says 'meh'. 

Don't include me in a group that thinks "meh" is English.

The fact at Day 8 the GFS shows a legit Cat 4/5 into the US and some of y'all are meh'ing is really remarkable. I got news for you, next run will change and the next one after that and we will not start getting a greater consensus until Tuesday at the earliest. Until then, watch the 500mb progression and trends in intensity from the storm itself. GFS has a known intensity bias with tropical cyclones. It did it with Lidia in the EPAC and it's likely doing it now. That said, energy content in the Northern Caribbean and off SE US coast is high and ripe for cyclone intensification as long as shear remains weak. Storm will likely be large and in charge come game time, but please save the bickering and down playing for another time. Really annoying. 

Archived