Total Members
    Most Online
    Gelavis
    Newest Member
    Gelavis
Typhoon Tip

The Blizzard of the Ides, 2017 ...observation time

27 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Doesn't feel or look like spring this morning. Deep snowpack and temps in the teens. 

I was just thinking how it feels like winter started all over again. Snow was mostly gone, now we're back in the thick of it.

Congrats to those who got the big snows. Good stat padders. Just a rainstorm here but winds were pretty gnarly. Had a recorded gust to just shy of 70mph(111km/h). No trees fell around my area. I guess we have "man trees" here.

7 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Is that reported 19" out of Lew bogus? Snowblower was hurting this morning.

More like 16" here, But that 19" was NW Auburn which is near Turner but they had 17" there, Just saw 22" Lisbon Falls.

45 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Hambone gonna have a rough time shoveling this morning.

Lol I thought about that when I was walking around the yard picking up limbs and twigs. Probably has a chainsaw in hand madly chopping away. Speaking of chopping, never thought I would have to use an Ice Chopper in mid March on the sidewalk,damn

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

More like 16" here, But that 19" was NW Auburn which is near Turner but they had 17" there, Just saw 22" Lisbon Falls.

SR 20

IMG_20170315_080212.jpg

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

SR 20

IMG_20170315_080212.jpg

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Squalls and snow showers later this afternoon and evening. Could leave dusting -1" for some places.

Yeah saw that piece of ULL round the bend.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

SR 20

IMG_20170315_080212.jpg

Awesome, Should be real good when you come up, My old JD tractor was crying for its Momma this morning

image.jpeg

10 hours ago, CTWeatherFreak said:

Ray, I think you did pretty well..  Didnt Litchfield county, Torrington, et. al.  verify at 18+.  I figure if we got a foot here, Im sure they bested us by at least 6".. Ryan had 18-24 also for  that area.  You might have missed by a little in west hartford county, but didnt you nail Litchfield?  And didnt Danbury get to almost 18" ?

Nah, my final was 14".

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is obscene.  1-2"/hr and we'll be over 30" here shortly at Stowe.

Will do a stake check around 1pm.

It is so freakin' deep out there. 

2L8A8738compressed.thumb.jpg.776463c5ea2d426f481bc62550705b98.jpg

Epicosity 

2 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

Oh.  Well if Matt Lanza tweeted it, then it must be so.

...lol. Who the hell is Matt Lanza?

Didn't he star in that 80's sitcom Who's the Boss?

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is obscene.  1-2"/hr and we'll be over 30" here shortly at Stowe.

Will do a stake check around 1pm.

It is so freakin' deep out there. 

unreal, I haven't been up once this year! 

Finished with a wind-packed 15.5" on 2.12" LE, for a ratio of 7.3, with 14.0 by 9 last evening and 1.5" on the board at 7 this morning.  No mixing at all, just small flakes and big wind.  Measurements around the yard ranged from under 10" to near 30".  From 4 to 9 last evening we got 10" accum, visibility under 1/8 mile almost constantly (under 50 feet at times) and winds gusting to 40; first storm meeting blizzard criteria here since Dec. 21-22, 2007.  The three big events this winter, Dec. 29-30, Feb 12-13, and this one, total 57.5" snow with 6.06" total LE

26-30" in BTV south end (I catch a little more than the rest of town and than Eyewall) and still snowing under a very blocked flow.  If the flow doesn't unblock then I think  BTV officially  will challenge or pass the all-time biggest snow (which came on a crazy blocked flow event in 2010).  

46 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nah, my final was 14".

I think I ended up with around 13, I was around 10.5 before the last heavy burst moved through, which had a ton of wind. Measured right after the sleet started and still had 10.5. It has settled to about 11 this morning...

3 minutes ago, adk said:

26-30" in BTV south end (I catch a little more than the rest of town and than Eyewall) and still snowing under a very blocked flow.  If the flow doesn't unblock then I think  BTV officially  will challenge or pass the all-time biggest snow (which came on a crazy blocked flow event in 2010).  

Beefier snow too.  I remember how absolutely pure fluff that 2010 event was.  The pics were cool because there was absolutely no wind and the dendrites stacked in nearly perfect manner for accumulation.  

Finished this one with 19" at my house in Barre