Total Members
    Most Online
    MDweatherman
    Newest Member
    MDweatherman
nj2va

March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

Just now, EastCoast NPZ said:

I'm not nearly as confident as you.  Their map was complete tragic comedy.  An absolute kick in the nuts.

Come on man. You know your climo. We know where the death band will set up. Relax and enjoy the storm.

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Western folks may not like the latest HRRR but it makes sense that it's picking up the Rockville deathband

DyL8e1.jpg

I'd still rather be around IAD than BWI for this one... not sure why they'd be complaining.  I'd trade with them right now if I could.

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Ok, that's a good shift, but again..isn't sleet counted?

Below are the latest 3 HRRR runs with Kuchera ratios.  I don't think sleet is counted as snow in this map, and if it is then it's at low ratios. If the latest HRRR verifies, I'm going to bust on my storm contest predictions in a really good way.

34 / 21 in Towson.

FyVpORl.gif

1 minute ago, caviman2201 said:

I'd still rather be around IAD than BWI for this one... not sure why they'd be complaining.  I'd trade with them right now if I could.

No complaints here. I'll take what I can get. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Western folks may not like the latest HRRR but it makes sense that it's picking up the Rockville deathband

DyL8e1.jpg

Since we are great closers now I am already envisioning the back end superband with big wind gusts. Blizzard like? 

DyL8e1.jpg&key=a3481b3e4085fc709f9f17a0eb3bae539d089bc5f11c1b93e19775ccc3512697

Whoa. I'm in the brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

DyL8e1.jpg

hah... it has a nasty Fozz snowhole in Baltimore county, but surrounding it are some incredible totals.

Just now, mappy said:

Whoa. I'm in the brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to be Deb, but don't think you're getting ~3" of liquid equivalent. But if it gets me 11" of snow, go for it!

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Since we are great closers now I am already envisioning the back end superband with big wind gusts. Blizzard like? 

HRRR agrees. DC deathband served up on a platter tomorrow AM.  

This is pure weenie talk but I don't care...how many times have our 850s and surface temps busted by more than 2 degrees near gametime....if we could get -2 degree bust on 850s we'd be in serious business. 

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

Are we expecting the WAA thump in the next few hours or so?  Thought I saw Bob Chill mention something about before 10pm?

Yeah, these next few hours are it. Need to get real production here. I like the radar right now.