Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, snjókoma said:

Latest HRRR is semi-weenie... 4-5" with the front end in DC.

other than easterly wind component this is a pretty good setup for cold. good dry air in region should reinforce with in situ cad. people got a little overly scared I think. late season can rock.. we have a lot going for us.  

For those worried about snow-covered roads...it's going to be a while unless surface temps get below 32F (N and W).  This is because road surface temperatures going in are quite mild.  No doubt the'll drop into the 30s with the precipitation...but it's hard to get to a frozen (snow covered) pavement when you're not starting out that way and when surface tempertaures stay above 32.  

Again, I'm just thinking out load for those along and east of 95.  Really think roads are gonna just be wet during this event.

http://chart.maryland.gov/travInfo/weatherStationData.asp

1 minute ago, WxMan1 said:

For those worried about snow-covered roads...it's going to be a while unless surface temps get below 32F (N and W).  This is because road surface temperatures going in are quite mild.  No doubt the'll drop into the 30s with the precipitation...but it's hard to get to a frozen (snow covered) pavement when you're not starting out that way and when surface tempertaures stay above 32.  

Again, I'm just thinking out load for those along and east of 95.  Really think roads are gonna just be wet during this event.

To me it's been looking more and more like a potentially high impact event -- including travel -- into the 95 corridor. If anything we've seen more evidence that even the city could stay near or below freezing. 

2 minutes ago, WxMan1 said:

You really think surface temps will say above 32? I get if if you are talking like well south of BWI area but around Baltimore most guidance has us dropping to 29-30 before a rise back to freezing or above..

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived