Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kvegas-wx said:

You sound like a teacher with all your stats and logicology Burnsie.  Wait, nevermind......

This is more in the common sense realm. If we have year after year of above normal temperatures common sense should tell you that when they recalculate the averages using those years and dropping off colder years on the other end the average will go up.

EPS is slower with getting the se ridge out of the way than the GEFS/GEPS but at least all models look the same toward d14-15. Narrowing down the conflict to timing feels a lot better than seeing ens guidance at complete odds with each other. lol. EPS looks like the GEFS heading into the holiday with a strong CAD signal. Mean temps are AN but that's most likely a byproduct of spread. If a strong HP parks to our N like this, it won't be warm for the piedmont. 

16d1gdK.jpg

3 minutes ago, mrdaddyman said:

With the way the last 3 winters have gone, if this verifies and we do get a LP to develop in the Gulf, it will probably cut right up through the Appalachians and scour out all of the cold air out in front of it.

It couldn't go north; that's an extension of high pressure from the west to the east. Really with that look I would think a miller A southern slider would be more of an option to a miller B CAD setup. 

1 hour ago, jburns said:

This is more in the common sense realm. If we have year after year of above normal temperatures common sense should tell you that when they recalculate the averages using those years and dropping off colder years on the other end the average will go up.

Just asking but why would you drop years?Are you wanting to get a satellite era report.  

30's was some of the hottest decades but they keep  adjusting the temps down to make it look cooler. 

32 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

It couldn't go north; that's an extension of high pressure from the west to the east. Really with that look I would think a miller A southern slider would be more of an option to a miller B CAD setup. 

Haha if I had an inch of snow for every time I've heard that... :devilsmiley::grinch:

Both global models has a storm signal in the sourthast. Confidence is growing on this. Got to love the Euro and what is is sniffing out for Christmas across the Georgia, Carolinas and Virginia. If the HP verifies we could see a Christmas miracle for most on the board. I may set my alarm tonight for the next Euro run.  

C01B1EE8-B85C-4BBE-95FB-D3BF413EA39D.png

8 minutes ago, CADEffect said:

Both global models has a storm signal in the sourthast. Confidence is growing on this. Got to love the Euro and what is is sniffing out for Christmas across the Georgia, Carolinas and Virginia. If the HP verifies we could see a Christmas miracle for most on the board. I may set my alarm tonight for the next Euro run.  

C01B1EE8-B85C-4BBE-95FB-D3BF413EA39D.png

we talking about a Feb. 2010 like-event that all the way to the coast will get snow?

49 minutes ago, mrdaddyman said:

With the way the last 3 winters have gone, if this verifies and we do get a LP to develop in the Gulf, it will probably cut right up through the Appalachians and scour out all of the cold air out in front of it.

If there's a decent SE ridge at all as been modeled, I think that's exactly what happens. 

1 minute ago, Orangeburgwx said:

we talking about a Feb. 2010 like-event that all the way to the coast will get snow?

Not to be a buzzkill but I would certainly be surprised at a storm like that in this pattern. I lived in Cola for a while and its hard enough there to get events. I would put the chance of any snow in orangeburg before christmas at less than 5% and probably just higher than 0. 

Archived