joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the look of the loooong range GEFS and EPS this morning.  Big AK block, but more ridging over the top and creeping into Greenland, along with lower heights south/east of Greenland (50/50 low?).  The SE ridge gets beaten down like it stole something.  Will we get blocky in January, right at prime Climo? Or will Nina come crush our dreams with a resurgent SE ridge? No idea, but it looks better this morning.  

Anybody have the weeklies from last night? I wonder though if they use an older run though.  If they used this mornings, it may be different. 

Edit: can't post the EPS for some reason...won't load

2 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Looks kind of split to me...short term positive, longer term, who knows?

The ensembles this morning are starting to have more of a blocky look to them long range.  Even the teleconnections show a decent number of ensemble members going solidly negative.  I'm pretty hopeful this morning we get blocky again in January. 

Yeah Pack the ensembles are showing a big daddy AK ridge.  Would prefer to see the ridge axis in E AK instead of W AK and/or more reds showing up in Greenland...those details matter.  It does look like the coldest air is going to be on our side of the world this go around...but we may need more help to get more of it nudged southeast.

28 minutes ago, griteater said:

Yeah Pack the ensembles are showing a big daddy AK ridge.  Would prefer to see the ridge axis in E AK instead of W AK and/or more reds showing up in Greenland...those details matter.  It does look like the coldest air is going to be on our side of the world this go around...but we may need more help to get more of it nudged southeast.

Yep...still got work to do, why I hope first week of Jan we can pop a PNA ridge.  Like the higher heights nosing over the pole...need everything perfect.  When I post stuff like that Mack freaks out, I get bad mouthed by turn coats on other boards.  So I have to sugar coat it... :-)

5 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Yep...still got work to do, why I hope first week of Jan we can pop a PNA ridge.  Like the higher heights nosing over the pole...need everything perfect.  When I post stuff like that Mack freaks out, I get bad mouthed by turn coats on other boards.  So I have to sugar coat it... :-)

Haha Mack hops on and off the cold and warm trains with reckless abandon!

Archived