Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

32 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

It would be nice but it’s very doubtful.

31 minutes ago, jburns said:

This guy.

That's what I get for asking this in the sanitarium. :lol:

Howzibout I says with the sheer amount of QPF some models are spitting out, this thing has more potential than other storms to be historic (somewhere..).

Also, this is gonna be a long week tracking this.

34 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

*turns on lights, starts coffee maker*

Ah, this morning should be a doozy! Gonna be DEFCON 1 in the SE forum in a few hours!

I have a feeling I'm going to be holding the front lines just barely North of 85, watching that mix line inch ever closer.

I cant lose in this setup. Best place to be really. I'm all rain unless it trends south and colder. If it doesnt then nothing changes for me and I stay with my expected rain. Much rather be in this position than one where I'm expecting some insane totals only to get screwed like we did 2 years ago.

8 minutes ago, burgertime said:

It could be worse. I've been here 3 years and the best snow we got stuck around for a whole half a day after it snowed....but we run into the same problems here. Mixing mixing mixing. Someone south of 40 on this storm is gonna get the screwing of a lifetime (and not a good one!) I'll bet. 

:tomato: I hope it’s me. 

2 hours ago, burgertime said:

It could be worse. I've been here 3 years and the best snow we got stuck around for a whole half a day after it snowed....but we run into the same problems here. Mixing mixing mixing. Someone south of 40 on this storm is gonna get the screwing of a lifetime (and not a good one!) I'll bet. 

I have a feeling that even I am gonna have mixing issues here across the border. ROA-DCA will end up jackpotting, you watch.

19 hours ago, snowinnc said:

You aren’t kidding!  Roxboro is always the sweet spot!

I grew up in roxboro. Now i live just south of Charlotte.  You know how they say, "its best to be where you can smell the rain"?  Well im always where i can smell the snow.  I didnt know how good i had it as a kid.

Looks like another winter storm I'm going to miss.  There's been some good ones for GSO since I moved away.

Looks like there's a chance this could be a real mauler there, although I suspect it will end up being some snow with a pingerfest for most of it.  We'll see.  Seems to be the way these things go, but 3-6" and a ton of sleet is still a big deal.

The northern mountains look really nice...  Looks like there's a lot of moisture, so places that do stay mostly snow should get a lot.

But WAA!  CONVECTIVE BANDING!  ETC! :)

Looks like just a lot or rain here.  Not even a particularly cold rain.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

Looks like another winter storm I'm going to miss.  There's been some good ones for GSO since I moved away.

Looks like there's a chance this could be a real mauler there, although I suspect it will end up being some snow with a pingerfest for most of it.  We'll see.  Seems to be the way these things go, but 3-6" and a ton of sleet is still a big deal.

The northern mountains look really nice...  Looks like there's a lot of moisture, so places that do stay mostly snow should get a lot.

But WAA!  CONVECTIVE BANDING!  ETC! :)

Looks like just a lot or rain here.  Not even a particularly cold rain.

I feel your pain! But hey at least it's warm where you're at. My climate here during the winter is a constant 34 - 38 degrees with rain and wind. Biking too and from work every day. 

• Like 2

• jburns unpinned this topic