Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

Just now, burrel2 said:

Not sure why we can't discuss why the upcoming pattern doesn't look good in the long range thread? That thread is only reserved for positive talk about winter weather I guess...

Nah, it's more of the fact that people are basically just complaining about the pattern with no constructive insight. 

1 minute ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Nah, it's more of the fact that people are basically just complaining about the pattern with no constructive insight. 

The thing is, when the pattern looks good there are as many if not more useless post from people who are excited about the pattern, but no one seems to be bothered by those. lol

2 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

I would agree with this sentiment. I don't care what happens honestly. The weather cannot be controlled one way or another, so it's important to just leave your wishes (cold or warm) behind, and just discuss the current modeling/pattern, and what it is showing.

Just now, burrel2 said:

The thing is, when the pattern looks good there are as many if not more useless post from people who are excited about the pattern, but no one seems to be bothered by those. lol

I'll agree with you on that one, but part of the premise on that is it never happens anymore so people get way too excited lol. oh btw, according to the graph you posted and your profile pic, you're really close to the below average threshold...you're actually in a pretty good spot lol.

20 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Who do we need to sacrifice to get this pattern?

Mother of God. The Para <3 I'm an official Para-Trooper B) (para groupie)

14 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

I'm a foot of snow behind. forget you people who are lucky to get snow( :lol: ), I'm in the mountains and we've been screwed so far!!

I don't know if anyone has gotten more than flurries or pellets in the whole forum, aside from the couple of minor ZR events.

4 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Not sure why we can't discuss why the upcoming pattern doesn't look good in the long range thread? That thread is only reserved for positive talk about winter weather I guess...

That's fine, but that thread had no CONSTRUCTIVE discussion going on for a page or two. We need that thread to be legit model/pattern discussion with some reasoning behind each post. "jan is over, screw it" is not discussion.

Just now, burrel2 said:

Those can go here, too. ;) 

This thread is gonna be fun, you just watch.

Not true. Your solid analysis is quite welcome there, burrel. Others' unfounded prognostications are not.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I don't understand the panic. I believe we talked about this last year that the oceans were flipping and we would see a -PNA this year which would lead to a tough winter. We can see winter weather in this pattern but it makes it tougher. I believe we will see a similar pattern next winter as well before getting to a +PNA in the 18 19 winter. 

Btw I believe we will see the PNA move neutral to positive in late January into parts of February that will give us our best chances to see winter weather. 

There's more legit whining about posters than legit whining about the pattern in the pattern thread.  If somebody can post a 384 hr prog of a super block to justify the likelihood of a 384 hr super block, then there's no logical reason why someone else can't post a 384 hr prog of a death ridge to justify the likelihood of a 384 hr death ridge without folks jumping in their shorts.

Obviously, the 100000000!1!1!1!11 % January is toast posts are ridiculous.