Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

23 minutes ago, griteater said:

It will trend weaker and you and Frosty will be crying woe is me in here, then it will end up nuking you in the end and Orangeburg will be crying woes is me in here

Yeah, every storm, Frosty is like: what’s the models showing? Looks like I’m only getting flurries, congrats CLT, yadda yadda, then go time it’s: in up to 10”, I don’t know how it happened!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, griteater said:

It will trend weaker and you and Frosty will be crying woe is me in here, then it will end up nuking you in the end and Orangeburg will be crying woes is me in here

1 hour ago, Queencitywx said:

Looks like everybody forgot about Climo since last year. 

Indeed. It also seems we have forgotten that starting storm threads 6 days out ends up with a forum that contains 20 storm threads 18 of which fizzled out before a first flake. I hate to do it but for the sake of the forum going forward, I am thinking about banning this storm. 

56 minutes ago, jburns said:

Indeed. It also seems we have forgotten that starting storm threads 6 days out ends up with a forum that contains 20 storm threads 18 of which fizzled out before a first flake. I hate to do it but for the sake of the forum going forward, I am thinking about banning this storm. 

I think it has value, simply for the sake of allowing people to discuss the LR pattern in a separate thread, when there's a ton of posts. 

2 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

I think it has value, simply for the sake of allowing people to discuss the LR pattern in a separate thread, when there's a ton of posts. 

You would think that but the reality is something else. The mid-range discussion simply gets moved to the storm thread, because it is mid-range at this point, and the regular mid-range thread goes almost silent. Hopefully, this storm will verify but most do not. It leads to multiple gaps in coverage inside the mid-range thread. If someone in the next few years comes back in research something it makes things difficult. You end up having to look at 20 storm threads to find the one or two that actually occurred and there is no continuity in the mid and long range threads.

34 minutes ago, WidreMann said:

Ehh, this thread is worth keeping. Doubt the storm will look anything like it does on the models today, but I guarantee someone in the foothills, at least, will get wintry precip.

I agree with Mr. Widre Mann.

1 hour ago, jburns said:

You would think that but the reality is something else. The mid-range discussion simply gets moved to the storm thread, because it is mid-range at this point, and the regular mid-range thread goes almost silent. Hopefully, this storm will verify but most do not. It leads to multiple gaps in coverage inside the mid-range thread. If someone in the next few years comes back in research something it makes things difficult. You end up having to look at 20 storm threads to find the one or two that actually occurred and there is no continuity in the mid and long range threads.

It's an interesting debate, because I find some of the most interesting discussion to occur many, many days ahead of a storm....i.e. the timeframe where you are trying to sniff out the storm in the long range...and when you wait to start the storm thread, there is a lot of good discussion that remains separate from the storm thread (because it happened earlier), and that discussion gets a bit lost.  But I totally understand that many storms fail so it doesn't make sense to start threads early.  It's a tough balance, but the 5 day rule is solid.

Just now, Queencitywx said:

and you'd get run off for posting 10 day model images. RDale would've had our head. 

Man, that reminds me of when people would post those 10 day MRF images that showed the 850 0-line south of us with precip. It only showed that back it was 12 hours of accumulated precip, but 850 temps at the timestamp. These are cold fronts. Every year a new round of weenies would get excited over their inability to read maps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WidreMann said:

Man, that reminds me of when people would post those 10 day MRF images that showed the 850 0-line south of us with precip. It only showed that back it was 12 hours of accumulated precip, but 850 temps at the timestamp. These are cold fronts. Every year a new round of weenies would get excited over their inability to read maps.

and you'd only know it was all the way for real if the NGM showed it.