Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter Thread

mattie g

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bob Chill said:

I'm going to take a sleet saturday morning but I'm finding myself not giving a sleet about the sleet anymore. 

The other day you told me to bring my own bottle when I came down.  I told you we could both drink in the back yard after this storm failed.

Sage.

Everyone copes with disappointment differently. Some people need to talk about it others need to be left alone. Some need time to process it and accept it and others just want to ignore it and focus on other things. And now fighting about how to cope, especially when it's more interesting then the weather right now, maybe is how some are coping. 

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Everyone copes with disappointment differently. Some people need to talk about it others need to be left alone. Some need time to process it and accept it and others just want to ignore it and focus on other things. And now fighting about how to cope, especially when it's more interesting then the weather right now, maybe is how some are coping. 

no one is fighting. just having a good time given the circumstances. 

as Aaron Burr says to Hamilton

"smile more"

14 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah, every kid should have snow.

And everybody should have good, inexpensive whiskey! Local store is pretty good. If we ever get together for that homebrew exchange, I'll be sure to get you some.

Bulleit really is an excellent bourbon. That you got it for so cheap is absolutely shocking to me. I'd happily take a big boy bottle of Bulleit for beans!

46 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

question...does anyone know is the wxbell winter forecast just JB's or does it represent the entire team including Joe D?  This relates to something else but just curious before I get into it. 

My understanding is that the Wxbell winter forecast is a group effort by the entire team.  One can only guess who gets the biggest say. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Bulleit really is an excellent bourbon. That you got it for so cheap is absolutely shocking to me. I'd happily take a big boy bottle of Bulleit for beans!

Yeah, it's my go-to for around the house when guests are stopping over.  If you're ever driving on 70 towards Bmore, Pine Orchard Liquors is a mile off 70 on route 40 and has excellent prices.  The Bulleit is $34.99 for the 1.75 L through the 31st, I think.  There's also a coupon in the Sun for 10% off any non-sale price spirit item, and 25% off any non-sale price beer through December, and they've got a huge selection.  It's a long drive for you, but I've made worse trips on a Saturday for reasons far less important.  Heck, there are enough breweries near there to make the trip worth it even without stopping for the whiskey!

2 hours ago, MDstorm said:

My understanding is that the Wxbell winter forecast is a group effort by the entire team.  One can only guess who gets the biggest say. :rolleyes:

Yea. Joe D has a video basically explaining why the pattern is expected based on the qbo and enso. Shows analogs to this being +nao +epo with huge east ridge. It's informative although I argue the enso analogs aren't great since we're neutral now and the qbo is weak so some of those who years might skewing but then again can't argue it doesn't look like what we have. But I find it odd he is spending 10 minutes explaining why there is likely to be ridging in the east this winter when his winter forecast is cold and snowy. lol keep in mind it's only dec 15 if they think it's changed its not too late to edit and save face. But running with a 12 week forecast all winter that you knew was wrong 2 weeks into it is dishonest.  Furthermore it's amazing how each update as things changed they found different reasons to justify the same forecast. Earlier the big warm pool off the PAC nw was a reason then when it flipped cold somehow that was still ok. It just amazes me they still have so many followers who buy their line every time. I do think people further north fall for it more because it simply snows more there making him right by default more often then here.   They seem to get more respect from the further north forums. 

1 hour ago, supernovasky said:

Back in Louisiana for the weekend, til Monday. Just in time to miss the one event of December :(. Hopefully the pattern gets better by the time Monday night rolls around.

Jealous of my wife, she's going pick up the dog in West Virginia this weekend.

Well, if it's any consolation you might not be missing that much...though it could be a decent ice event for awhile in at least some areas here locally from late Friday night into Saturday morning or so.  Plus, today was just plain brutal cold with that wind.  Damn near chaffed a couple of layers of skin off my face, I swear!

3 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

question...does anyone know is the wxbell winter forecast just JB's or does it represent the entire team including Joe D?  This relates to something else but just curious before I get into it. 

2 hours ago, MDstorm said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's a group type deal. I don't think they would risk the reputation of the company on one individual especially if it was JB. At this point I only really use wx bell for the models but I still check out their videos and blogs. I can remember several videos where JB said it's a group effort. I could be wrong but in 14/15 JB wanted to go extreme cold in the winter outlook but the other team members pulled him back. I think that was his own words.

I just realized a certain someone posts here.  I know we're talking about much of a bust this winter could be, but it won't compare to the bust that was Benchmark Politics.

To be fair though, a lot of people went bust this year. Not many have acknowledged it though.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived