joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter Thread

mattie g

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My condolences and prayers go to both of you. Real life is always more important. Family, friends,health, work. Those are obviously more important then weather or sports and other distractions. On the other hand these are the vices we use to distract us from the typical crap we have to deal with that makes up life.  Some drink. Some get into sports. Some do crafts. Some obsess over snow. They are all devices.  Some do take it a little too seriously but most are probably just exaggerating and half hamming it up I feel. I know when I say I'm depressed it's only related to the 5 minutes I looked at the guidance. Then I'm back to my real life and moving on. I'm not seriously depressed.  I think for most on here it's the same. At least I hope that's true. 

What is going on guys? Every year, and I have been following these threads for like 14 years, we have the same meltdowns in December (Except Dec. 26, 2004 when I won big). It is inevitable that December through New Years is a toaster oven. We never get our best chances until mid-January through early March. Tighten up guys - it's Winter Cancel Time!

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

My condolences and prayers go to both of you. Real life is always more important. Family, friends,health, work. Those are obviously more important then weather or sports and other distractions. On the other hand these are the vices we use to distract us from the typical crap we have to deal with that makes up life.  Some drink. Some get into sports. Some do crafts. Some obsess over snow. They are all devices.  Some do take it a little too seriously but most are probably just exaggerating and half hamming it up I feel. I know when I say I'm depressed it's only related to the 5 minutes I looked at the guidance. Then I'm back to my real life and moving on. I'm not seriously depressed.  I think for most on here it's the same. At least I hope that's true. 

not so sure... 

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Friends, its only weather.  Don't let it get you down.  There are much worse tragedies in life than not getting the weather you want.

I recently had a close friend die of cancer.  That gives you a whole new perspective on things.

Don't let your desires blind you to your blessings.

Sorry for your loss, Cancer sucks! My diagnosis 2 years ago is what put things into perspective for me. 

24 minutes ago, mappy said:

not so sure... 

There are some on here (we all know who) that seem a little bipolar about weather, but for the rest of us I do think its more that your hearing their comments in the moment their reacting to the disappointment and their comment is specifically about the weather, and so maybe it gives the impression they are taking it more seriously then they are.  For instance, if you are a big sports fan its ok to get a little upset or disappointed if your favorite team loses a big game for a few minutes.  If you ask a fan 30 seconds after their team lost an important game how they feel about it they will probably say something negative and act upset.  That is fine.  3 hours later if they are still brooding around acting like the sky is falling then not so much.  We are getting peoples feelings in their moment of disappointment as a bad model run comes in and when they are on here to discuss it or vent.  I hope they are not still feeling that way an hour later when they should be on to other things.  The situation and the nature of this board probably gives a more negative impression of people's sanity then is reality. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

There are some on here (we all know who) that seem a little bipolar about weather, but for the rest of us I do think its more that your hearing their comments in the moment their reacting to the disappointment and their comment is specifically about the weather, and so maybe it gives the impression they are taking it more seriously then they are.  For instance, if you are a big sports fan its ok to get a little upset or disappointed if your favorite team loses a big game for a few minutes.  If you ask a fan 30 seconds after their team lost an important game how they feel about it they will probably say something negative and act upset.  That is fine.  3 hours later if they are still brooding around acting like the sky is falling then not so much.  We are getting peoples feelings in their moment of disappointment as a bad model run comes in and when they are on here to discuss it or vent.  I hope they are not still feeling that way an hour later when they should be on to other things.  The situation and the nature of this board probably gives a more negative impression of people's sanity then is reality. 

OOhhhh, who?!?!?!

kidding -- I know. Doesn't mean I can't give people a hard time ;) 

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Maybe I'm on my own there but if you can't take weather seriously on a weather forum then wtf is the forum for in the first place? Politics? Sports? lol

Maybe my post came of wrong but I'm on your side here.  I do admit some go a bit too far. But for most I think it's a healthy level of interest. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Maybe my post came of wrong but I'm on your side here.  I do admit some go a bit too far. But for most I think it's a healthy level of interest. 

Saying everything is great despite our only legit chance crashed and burned is like saying "wow, did you see that pretty loopty loop I did before I smashed by $500 RC plane into a billion pieces! Wow, isn't that great!"

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Saying everything is great despite our only legit chance crashed and burned is like saying "wow, did you see that pretty loopty loop I did before I smashed by $500 RC plane into a billion pieces! Wow, isn't that great!"

?? no one is saying things are great. You're hard to read sometimes... one minute I think you are just trolling, the next you seem awfully serious... 

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

air florida went down the runway perfectly fine. too soon?

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived