Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter Thread

mattie g

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Ill never understand why snow maps need to be posted to begin with. 

Some people don't want snowfall maps. Others don't want the NAM. Others b**ch about the CMC. And I could keep listing what people don't want posted. You start banning all these then what will people be discussing? I will never understand why people get upset because someone posts something that they do not like or can not find value in. What is the harm especially when others do find value in it? Snowfall maps are a prime example. I find many uses for them besides the snowfall output and even that I can use by mentally shaving the numbers down with the type of storm and the model giving the numbers.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

weenie storm ritual:

sees model with storm

reads posts saying storm has issues due to track, temps, etc

someone posts over done snowfall map

storm busts on snow but does exactly what experts said it will likely do

weenie gets mad that the snow map didn't verify because someone posted it

wash, rinse, repeat.

There is no value in posting a snow map this far out based on a crappy algorithm 

4 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Some people don't want snowfall maps. Others don't want the NAM. Others b**ch about the CMC. And I could keep listing what people don't want posted. You start banning all these then what will people be discussing? I will never understand why people get upset because someone posts something that they do not like or can not find value in. What is the harm especially when others do find value in it? Snowfall maps are a prime example. I find many uses for them besides the snowfall output and even that I can use by mentally shaving the numbers down with the type of storm and the model giving the numbers.

OK -- do your thing, dude. I have no power to ban anyone for posting snow maps, nor is any moderator going to take my banter post seriously and let it happen. 

carry on. 

On 12/10/2016 at 10:40 AM, Deck Pic said:

LOT going 5-10" for lakeshore. I think they'll upgrade from a WWA to a warning. 12z models have come in pretty wet so far. Should be a long event. 24 hours +. Perhaps with a lull in the middle 

ORD got 8". Probably more like 6" where I was down by the lake. Fun, long duration event.  Not worth it if just in it for the chase. But a good reason to go see friends. 

Bob, I'd like you go ahead and keep a constantly updating graph of model predicted snow totals for MBY for all major model systems and then update the board with these graphs after each run.  Thanks in advance!  

P.S.  And try and put a cheerier spin on any seemingly poor trends.  Sell that T-1" to me!  

24 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Bob, I'd like you go ahead and keep a constantly updating graph of model predicted snow totals for MBY for all major model systems and then update the board with these graphs after each run.  Thanks in advance!  

P.S.  And try and put a cheerier spin on any seemingly poor trends.  Sell that T-1" to me!  

You need to explain things better. Your post is too general. Which maps exactly would you like and what are the GPS coordinates?

Just now, PaEasternWX said:

"annoying bob is easy" understatement of the year. I didn't even try. In fact I wasn't even attacking him. If situation was reversed I would have said okay and been more specific. Not just attack the other poster for pointing out the ambiguity of the post.

no.  you simply came in and tried to lecture us on something that we know very well ourselves when you really only cared about YBY.  It is not his job to "be more specific" for you or anyone.

1 minute ago, H2O said:

no.  you simply came in and tried to lecture us on something that we know very well ourselves when you really only cared about YBY.  It is not his job to "be more specific" for you or anyone.

Nope just completely wrong. I came in first because I was confused how the ens were bad. Instead of attacking me, you could have said it is bad because of the trends from pervious runs. 

5 minutes ago, PaEasternWX said:

"annoying bob is easy" understatement of the year. I didn't even try. In fact I wasn't even attacking him. If situation was reversed I would have said okay and been more specific. Not just attack the other poster for pointing out the ambiguity of the post.

Listen here....you are coming across as an annoying ne'er do well from a foreign forum.   You should probably chill for a bit.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived