Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter Thread

mattie g

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mappy said:

Had to say goodbye to our first "kid" yesterday after a long battle with bad knees, then an auto immune disorder. Kiddo is begging for a new dog now :(

So very sorry. I know the feeling well unfortunately. Since my wife passed 4 years ago I have lost an animal a year. Had 2 cats and 2 dogs (all brought home by her), now down to 1 cat, and she is not in great shape. Guess that is to be expected when they all were within a few years age of each other. I haven't replaced any myself, but everybody is different and you know what is best for your family.

4 hours ago, mappy said:

Had to say goodbye to our first "kid" yesterday after a long battle with bad knees, then an auto immune disorder. Kiddo is begging for a new dog now :(

Hugs.  I know how much the little guy meant to you.  Never easy but you did all you could.  When the time is right the kiddo will get a new friend.

Thanks all. We were hopeful he'd make it to Christmas but alas, we woke up yesterday to a dog who could no longer walk. It's what's best, but been a somber time this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry, Katie. Ours is headed that way, she just started not using back right leg yesterday out of nowhere.

6 hours ago, mappy said:

My sympathies. Always hard to cope with this but even more so on the holidays. We went through this a couple of years ago and it was difficult for my wife and myself but I was surprised that it really hit our other 2 dogs hard. They spent a couple of months searching for him and it was very obvious that they were extremely depressed. Wife and I had to give them almost constant attention to help them get through it. So if you have some other dogs/pets that were close to him don't forget that they are grieving as well and will probably need some extra love from you and the family.

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Thanks everyone, really. We all had a good cry yesterday. The kiddo seems to be handling it as well as a toddler can.

My condolences. Our pups really make the family complete. My 13 month old little boy is really starting to love on our 8 year old dog and it reciprocated. They ingrain themselves into our lives. I don't know you but I feel your pain as I've been there before...sending you good thoughts. 

22 hours ago, mappy said:

So sorry about that, Katie. I know what it's like to have a kid who adores her furry sibling, so I can only imagine how tough that is.

Sounds like your pup had a great life, so there's solace in that. Your pup may be gone, but the memories will always be there.

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

So sorry about that, Katie. I know what it's like to have a kid who adores her furry sibling, so I can only imagine how tough that is.

Sounds like your pup had a great life, so there's solace in that. Your pup may be gone, but the memories will always be there.

Thanks, Mattie. Was a rough morning, as I am up first and always feed and let the dogs out. Was very weird, and sad, to only have to feed one. No carrying a dog up and down the stairs (as I have had to do for the last few months with the one we said goodbye to). Just a hard adjustment we are all making. 

39 minutes ago, mappy said:

Thanks, Mattie. Was a rough morning, as I am up first and always feed and let the dogs out. Was very weird, and sad, to only have to feed one. No carrying a dog up and down the stairs (as I have had to do for the last few months with the one we said goodbye to). Just a hard adjustment we are all making. 

It will take awhile. For a month or so I always found myself looking for that 3rd dish at feeding time. Or calling him when I was handing out treats. Once you start establishing the new routines it gets easier though. 

23 hours ago, mappy said:

Thanks all. We were hopeful he'd make it to Christmas but alas, we woke up yesterday to a dog who could no longer walk. It's what's best, but been a somber time this weekend.

Oh no!!! May he be chasing squirrels and enjoying a nice bone on the other side of the rainbow bridge

3 hours ago, stormtracker said:

Was mdsnowlover always this bad?

I don't know about "always" but I still have a few PM's from him the first week of Feb 2015 where he was saying i was crazy for insisting the pattern was looking good and we still have plenty of chances for snow despite having just missed that storm that hit New England.  He was basically saying "its never going to snow, stop posting, your crazy" and of course the rest of that winter rocked. 

10 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I don't know about "always" but I still have a few PM's from him the first week of Feb 2015 where he was saying i was crazy for insisting the pattern was looking good and we still have plenty of chances for snow despite having just missed that storm that hit New England.  He was basically saying "its never going to snow, stop posting, your crazy" and of course the rest of that winter rocked. 

Yeah, might have to bring back 5posting a member. 

4 hours ago, supernovasky said:

It is pouring in Louisiana. It only pours in Louisiana. It's 55 degrees and torrential rain. That said, look at what we just got from the NWS. I think they lost their minds.

UyOHIb6.png

I shudder to think of that your walls are going to look like when you get your first warning-level snowfall here...let alone one of the bombs we occasionally luck into.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived