Newest Member
    CHSVol
December Banter Thread

mattie g

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

You can say what you want, and I'm sure with the right data and words you can try to make them accurate, but those things are darts and a dartboard.

It's not just me utilizing long-lead canSIPS data as a forecating tool...one of the best in the business posted on it within the hour. There's a reason why....

IMG_2914.PNG

10 minutes ago, Round Hill WX said:

It's not just me utilizing long-lead canSIPS data as a forecating tool...one of the best in the business posted on it within the hour. There's a reason why....

IMG_2914.PNG

Yeah, there's a reason why.  They are making money off of it.

I'll bet they don't post the verification "within the hour" once it comes in.  There's a reason why.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

The Cansips might be right or totally wrong. Let's pick this discussion back up in 3 weeks. Fighting over the cansips is about as dumb as starting a thread for a d10+ threat. 

I guess I'll delete my thread for the MECS on the 15th.

3 hours ago, mappy said:

give it time. once there is a serious threat a lot of the regulars will be back. 

Hello! ;):hug:

2 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

T Minus 5 days and counting.... prepare for the swarm. Kinda like trackerjackers but in a good way. lol

So... Looks like there's a shot at snow. Although, it looks to be when I'll be on a cruise.

:yikes:50th birthday & honeymoon :drunk:

On 12/2/2016 at 2:26 PM, wxdude64 said:

LOL, like the way he looked back for the bike

OMG, you just wasted an hour of my life by linking to that site.  There's just so much time wasting goodness there.  I've been fascinated with dust devils since I went to school in Fresno so the video linked below had me cracking up.  My version was coming from work in a pressed white shirt one day headed to one of my met classes taught by my advisor and, as I park the car, I see a HUGE dust devil in one of the ag fields on the edge of campus.  Like an idiot, I run out and jump in the middle of it after having driven across town in an un-air conditioned car in the Fresno heat.  The dust devil sand blasted dirt into every nook and cranny and I emerged looking like a 1930's blackface movie.  I didn't know that those in the class had been looking out the window at the massive dust devil and saw it all.  I roll into class thinking I may have some smudges of dirt on my face maybe and the whole class screams in hysterics because I look like Pigpen from Charlie Brown.  As I walked by his desk, Dr. Morgan leans into me and says, "don't worry, I would have done the same thing...".  Here's the vid that reminded me, that poor Russian soldier goes for quite a ride:  

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Had to say goodbye to our first "kid" yesterday after a long battle with bad knees, then an auto immune disorder. Kiddo is begging for a new dog now :(

I'm very sorry to hear that. Its as emotional as losing a family member in many ways. I find myself dreading the reality that someday not terribly far in the future our dog will go. He's 8 now and without question the best animal I've ever owned. He's an embedded family member and when the inevitable happens it's going to be quite a terrible time. 

Getting a new god sounds like a great idea for you guys. ;)

2 hours ago, mappy said:

Had to say goodbye to our first "kid" yesterday after a long battle with bad knees, then an auto immune disorder. Kiddo is begging for a new dog now :(

Oh, :(:weep: I'm sooo sorry.

There is nothing worse.

Huge hugs to you, and to the rest of your family.  

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived