Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Today's accumulation on the car.  These are the Greens we missed last year.  Just persistent flakes. High of 33F at the office.

IMG_3586.JPG

Good week! I'm impressed by the obs there and up in Pittsburg NH where they are having a week where I would enjoy in mid winter lol. 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Good week! I'm impressed by the obs there and up in Pittsburg NH where they are having a week where I would enjoy in mid winter lol. 

This week we have had the largest snowstorm above 1500ft since the 2014-15 season.

And we've had more snow around the office Sun/Mom/Tue than we did pretty much the entire month of December 2015.

Todays high temp was 30 degrees lower than Christmas Eve 2015.  

Going to be a fun comparison this year even if it ends below normal...nothing will come close to last years abortion.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

This week we have had the largest snowstorm above 1500ft since the 2014-15 season.

And we've had more snow around the office Sun/Mom/Tue than we did pretty much the entire month of December 2015.

Todays high temp was 30 degrees lower than Christmas Eve 2015.  

Going to be a fun comparison this year even if it ends below normal...nothing will come close to last years abortion.

True. It could only get better lol. 

-24C temps appearing on the NAM at hour 84 across central Canada, that deep cold air should funnel into the Northeast states sometime around the mid part of November if not earlier.  Teleconnections support a +PNA which will arc into central Canada and pour cold air into central and eastern USA.  With a -NAO a trough will dig out in the eastern USA and with a -AO present as well, a large PV will steer the storm track either through the Great Lakes or up the eastern Seaboard.  Time will tell.

2 hours ago, amarshall said:

Has anyone dabbled in this wizardry? 

http://www.snowathome.com/

I have the pressure washer.

I haven't purchased one of their systems but have built my own snow guns.  I currently have an SG2.  Snow at Home has plans and you can find the parts both online and at a local hardware store.  You can get a decent air compressor at Harbor Freight and some some money there since you already have the air compressor.

You can basically cover an area about 20-30'x10-20' with a foot of snow in a day if you let them run.  I have run mine in the evening and shut it down before bed to make a nice sledding run for my son but you might need to move some around.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Another day in 40s. 46.4 was high.

Pretty impressive cool shot. I have a feeling tomorrow ends up more impressive than modeled here...maybe not snow-wise but with temps. I'll end up averaging a hair over 40F for highs over a 3 day stretch which is fairly anomalous for October. It overperformed compared to MOS...that's for sure.

52 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Pretty impressive cool shot. I have a feeling tomorrow ends up more impressive than modeled here...maybe not snow-wise but with temps. I'll end up averaging a hair over 40F for highs over a 3 day stretch which is fairly anomalous for October. It overperformed compared to MOS...that's for sure.

I'm down to 30.9F   High clouds are already in Central NY.  Would be nice to radiate all night and then get high clouds in here around sunrise to keep the temps as cold as possible.

Archived