Newest Member
    EWR757
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL, Looks like he was trying to do his best impression of the Jeep Rubicon commercial.

Apparently Stowe PD found it running, high-sided on the rock, with the keys in it and absolutely no one around.  They took the keys and left their card with a note saying we'd love to discuss your current predicament.  Haha, it's still there at 2pm.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Apparently Stowe PD found it running, high-sided on the rock, with the keys in it and absolutely no one around.  They took the keys and left their card with a note saying we'd love to discuss your current predicament.  Haha, it's still there at 2pm.

I'm pretty sure Ekster didn't drive to The Alchemist yesterday.

23 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Right. And in all likelihood, most people are just measuring once in the morning before they report. Like the quotes from Ray said, we have a range of observing "level" at every WFO. Some people just don't put the max effort in, and you are really just getting one report of new snowfall in the morning.

If we want 6 hour measurements, we pay the observers. Which given the budget situation means we have limited resources. We would love to have snow measurements at AUG, but since we already pay PWM and CON we can't afford it. We do the obs at GYX obviously, MWN has their contract, and we managed to work an agreement to get at least a daily snowfall report from MHT from their already existing FAA contract. But that's it for more frequent snow measurements in our area. 

I was told my check was in the mail?

lol

Euro upgrade coming our way 11/22. I know there has been some angst about its performance recently, but it is still tops.

Looks like most changes are fairly cosmetic (better data assimilation, cloud models, some aviation fields etc) but they are updating snowfall output by using radar analysis. Biggest news is the EPS is going down to 0.25 degree and 75 levels. Basically the EPS will be comparable to the GFS op. 

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Euro upgrade coming our way 11/22. I know there has been some angst about its performance recently, but it is still tops.

Looks like most changes are fairly cosmetic (better data assimilation, cloud models, some aviation fields etc) but they are updating snowfall output by using radar analysis. Biggest news is the EPS is going down to 0.25 degree and 75 levels. Basically the EPS will be comparable to the GFS op. 

Wow. Weenie snowfall maps here we come. 

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Wasn't there an upgrade in the Ocean coupling data assimilation 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What in the sam hell is wrong with the Oaks this year? They will not drop their leaves. Absolutely loaded with leaves, even with all the wind lately.  Way more than Oct 2011 snow bomb. Gonna be doing leaves with snowpack Thanksgiving week,

That's what they do. They've been slowly dropping here, but I don't notice anything crazy different this year.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's what they do. They've been slowly dropping here, but I don't notice anything crazy different this year.

I've lived in this house 11 years and this is he most they've had on Nov 1. Oct wasn't that warm..we had freezes. The drought you'd think would make them shed early. Only thing I can think of is maybe the warm Sept?

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I've lived in this house 11 years and this is he most they've had on Nov 1. Oct wasn't that warm..we had freezes. The drought you'd think would make them shed early. Only thing I can think of is maybe the warm Sept?

October was warm until the end. I'm sure that's part of it. 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Some of them are still somewhat green too.

Look at that pic EEK posted yesterday of his Oaks in NH. That was eye opening that far north even if it's influenced by warm lake 

Same here. Warm October's will do that. It was mild through mid month.

Archived